Chapter 26

I wake up from the light coming through my window. It's snowing outside and I happen to be in a really great mood. But then again, I've been in a great mood for the past few weeks now, which is awesome. But I'm really excited because today is Christmas. And Christmas means presents!

I know you're probably thinking I'm too old to be excited for Christmas, but I can be young at heart sometimes. Plus, I was getting presents and giving presents as well. I just think the holidays are a good time. I climb out of bed and when I exit my room, Kyle is leaving his at the same time. He is tiredly wiping his eyes and looks up at me when he notices my presence.

"Hey." He says in a sleepy voice.

"Merry Christmas!" I smile.

"Same to you." His voice is neutral and I know that he is still tired so I won't be getting much out of him for the next few minutes. He heads into the bathroom and since he beat me to it, I head back to my room. I decide to gather the gifts I got for everyone.

For my mother, I got her some clothes and a pair of boots that she said she loved one day we were at the mall. For my father, I got him a nice sweater, socks, and cologne. And for Kyle, I got him a video game I know he likes and some socks because who doesn't love socks?

I also decided to get Hunter a present. But if I'm being completely honest, I had ordered it back during Thanksgiving because it was on sale. I had gotten him two concert tickets to see Travis Scott, and I had bought a nice hat, scarf, and glove set. Even though we weren't together I was still going to give him his gifts. I spent a nice amount of money on those Travis Scott tickets and I wasn't about to let them go to waste. Of course I could give them to Kyle, but it just wouldn't feel right.

I wanted Hunter to have the things I bought because they were for him. I suppose I would drop it off to him later today or another day. Plus, after the nice thing he did for me on my birthday, he deserved his presents. It wasn't like Hunter ever did anything wrong to me. It was always I, who ruined things.

I head downstairs with all of my gifts and set them under the tree with the rest of the presents. I hear commotion coming from upstairs and I figure that my parents were now awake. I reply to a few Merry Christmas texts that I had received and send out ones of my own before heading to the bathroom. Once I am finished, I head back to the living room where all of my family was.

"Merry Christmas!" I say in a cheerful voice to them all.

"Merry Christmas." They all reply with smiles.

"You seem to be in a good mood." My father says with a smile.

"She's been in a great mood these past two weeks, actually." My mother notes.

"Are you guys saying that in a good or bad way?" I eye them suspiciously.

"In a good way, of course," My mother nods. "I like this Asia. I really hope it continues."

"It will," I assure them. "I've been working on myself and I know I have long a way to go, but I feel like I'm improving."

"Well that's what we like to hear. And considering you and your brother both did well this semester...let's open some presents!" My mom smiles and clasps her hands together loudly.

I told you opening presents always makes people happy.

<>.<>.<>

"Oh! Asia, I forgot I had a gift for you in my room." Kyle says as he pauses his game and stands up abruptly.

We were officially done opening up our presents and my mother was making breakfast. I had gotten more than anticipated, which I was grateful for. Everyone loved their gifts I got for them and my Dad insisted that he was going to wear the sweater I got for him today.