Chapter 11

[A/N:] I hope you all enjoy! 💛

"Are you done with classes for the day?" Imani asks as we take our trays to the trash.

"Yes, ma'am."

"Lucky you," She frowns. "I'm really starting to regret taking this 4:30 class."

"Yeah, I don't think I could do it," I laugh. "Isn't it three hours long?"

"Unfortunately." She nods and I cringe just from the thought.

"At least it's only on Wednesdays," She shrugs. "We should go out for dinner tonight."

"To where?"

"I don't know yet, something around here." She shrugs. "I know Jai was saying he was in the mood for Mexican food and I know there's a Mexican restaurant in this town somewhere."

"That's fine with me," I shrug. "It's not like I'll be doing anything, anyways. Just let me know when."

"Cool." She says and we make our way out of the dining hall.

"So there's something I've been meaning to tell you." I say.

"Good or bad?"

"I'm honestly not sure."

Imani stops walking and looks over at me. "What did you do?"

"I didn't do anything, I swear," I try to assure her. "I just thought I'd pass on some information."

"About...?" She eyes me strangely and I know she is curious and a bit afraid of what I may say.

"Remember the guy that I was talking to at the Halloween party?"

"The one that almost got his head ripped off by Hunter?" She laughs obnoxiously loud.

Her laugh is so loud and contagious that I can't help but giggle myself. "Yes, him."

"Yeah, what about him?" She asks once she finally stops laughing and we are able to continue walking.

"He likes you."

"What?" Imani laughs again but not as hard.

"He likes you."

"Why?" She can't seem to stop laughing.

"Why are you laughing so much?" I chuckle.

"Because that's weird."

"Why is it weird?"

"Because...why would he like me? He doesn't even know me."

"So? You don't have to know someone to like them." I remind her.

"Still...why?"

"Isn't it obvious?"

"Obviously not if I'm asking you why."

"You're gorgeous, that's why."

"I'm a riot, that's what I am." She mutters.

"Don't talk about yourself like that, Mani. I wish I were like you. You're so confident and laid back. If I were a guy or gay, you'd be my type." I tell her honestly but it just makes her roll her eyes.

"You're just saying that because you're my friend. Jai says the same shit."

"Because it's true, duh," I say. Imani doesn't reply; she just remains quiet and stares ahead as we walk. And since it was growing really awkward between us, I began to speak again. "Look, I'm not saying that you have to like him back. I'm just letting you know that he has his eye on you. Oh, and to tell you that you're a freaking catch and you know it."