Chapter 12: Brave act

Start from the beginning

"You're two minutes late," said a certain dark voice from behind him as he had just taken his seat by his desk.

The black haired male turned around and met eyes with the man he feared. "What?" was all he managed to breathe out. He can't be serious.

"You're. Two. Minutes. Late," he said, separating each word.

"I'm sorry," the younger apologised, "I overslept by accident."

"Make sure it won't happen again," he glared before he slammed his office door behind him.

"What's up with him?" Jungkook's colleague, and seatmate, asked with a frown.

"Don't know," he replied back.

"Have you been on his nerves lately or what? He's never like that."

"I don't know," the younger repeated, and so he began his work, ignoring everyone else, whilst mentally praying he wouldn't see Mr Nam further that day - or any other day if he was fully honest.

During the male's break, he went out to get some fresh air. He spotted Jimin further away, and decided to walk up to him as he had been working for four hours alone and wanted to use his voice for a little while.

"Hey hyung," Jungkook greeted, making the older man's expression soft and turn into a smile.

"Hey Jungkook," he smiled back, "heard you were late for work today?"

Jungkook sighed. "Two minutes," he said as he rolled his eyes.

"Only two minutes?" the elder frowned, "Mr Nam was pissed by two minutes?" Jungkook nodded. "He's never like that though."

"Maybe he just hates me," Jungkook said uninterested. He was hoping that was true, but he knew it wasn't - unless he had a weird way of expressing his hatred.

"He doesn't," Jimin protested, "maybe he has it bad with his wife at home."

Jungkook's jaw dropped. "...wife?" he asked hesitantly, hoping he heard wrong.

"Yeah, wife," he said, "he's married."

Jungkook wasn't able to reply. Mr Nam, whom had literally attacked him with kisses and touches, who was supposed to be a homophobic, was married to a woman. In what world would all of that make sense to him?

"You okay?" Jimin asked, "you don't look good."

"I'm sick," Jungkook spat as he quickly turned around and stomped away, his destination being the office Mr Nam was always locked away in.

Jungkook bursted through the door, causing the elder man to jump in surprise by his desk, and quickly slammed his laptop close, not realising later it was just Jungkook. "I hope you have a good reason to startle me like this," he glared.

"Damn sure I have!" he started yelling as he closed the door behind him, "how come you have a wife, but trying to sexually assault me?" he asked straightforward, not even trying to hide how furious he was.

"It got nothing to do with you," Mr Nam said nonchalantly, only earning a snort from the younger one.

"Nothing to do with me? Are you stupid? You tried to assault me, of course I got something to do with it! I didn't say anything to my closest friends, I didn't even tell my fucking boyfriend because I was afraid! You have a wife, you have a good job position, whilst I on the other hand is desperate to work, and you're trying to pin me and threaten me, just because you feel like it, or have it hard at home? Do I seem that easy to you? I'm not gonna tolerate you being an absolute dick to me, and I'm surely not gonna fear if you're firing me, because what you're doing is against the law, and you should be the one being afraid if I decide to sue you."

Jungkook was glad he had finally scolded him the way he wanted, but it was his reaction afterwards he was nervous to witness. 

"You seem braver than before," Mr Nam said, now standing up. Jungkook had to be honest: he was afraid every time he'd stand up and approach him. "Sure you didn't have a nice little chat with your infamous psychologist boyfriend?"

"He doesn't know, no," Jungkook said with a glare, "but he will soon."

"The hell he will!" Mr Nam yelled, "or you're fired, faggot."

"I don't mind!" he yelled back, "I'd be much better off anywhere else than here. I'd rather just be stuck in a store than being stuck here with you."

Mr Nam's eyes fired up in his glare. He looked down on Jungkook like he was prey that he was ready to swallow whole. "Be careful now Jungkookie," he said, surprisingly calm in his voice, "I wouldn't make enemies with me."

Jungkook couldn't help but to gulp.

"I'll give you a chance to not approach me again, and not to tell anyone, and I won't say anything about your little brave act, yeah?" he suggested, "if you wanna continue to work and earn money for a roof and food for you and your little boyfriend I mean."

Jungkook fell silent. He was right, he needed the job, especially when Taehyung still wasn't working himself.

Shit.