Chapter 7: First day at work

Start from the beginning

"Oh, nothing," Mr Nam smiled, "come over with them." Jungkook approached to his desk and placed the pile on top of it.

Mr Nam scanned through it at top speed with his hawk eyes, and it didn't take him longer than five minutes to look through it all, making sure Jungkook didn't leave anything behind.

"Great work!" he grinned. "I'm surprised you didn't cheat and skip some pages!"

"Has anyone ever done that?" he asked surprised.

"Everyone here tried it. Everyone, but you," he said.

"Even Park Jimin?" he asked with a frown. Jimin wasn't the type to cheat whilst working.

"Even Park Jimin," he repeated.

Jungkook stopped talking as he didn't want to continue the topic, but when Mr Nam didn't say anymore either, he spoke up again. "So what do you want me to do now?" he asked.

"Touch me," he suddenly said.

Shocked, Jungkook just stared at him. "...what?"

"I said such glee," he said quickly, "you being eager to work I mean."

Jungkook hesitantly nodded. He definitely didn't say that. "So is there any more work you want me to do now, or should I ask around?"

"Do that," Mr Nam said, looking to be suddenly uncomfortable, breathing heavily with his eyes wandering overall except from Jungkook. "Go."

Jungkook bowed in respect, but regretted it immediately when he accidentally could see Mr Nam from under the desk, and his crotch area was visible and eye catching as the bulge was bigger than normal. Did he get an erection, Jungkook thought to himself, are you fucking kidding me.

He quickly exited the office and asked around for helping his colleagues, and when the day was finally over, he went exhausted home again.

Jimin was still held back on work, but he did text him and asked how it was for him on his first day.

When Jungkook unlocked the front door to their home, he mentally prayed Taehyung would be home to greet him, and even ask him how his first day was, but when he first took off his shoes and jacket, he heard no sound. Was he out? He thought sadly to himself. He didn't even bother to be at home when I'd end work?

Jungkook sloppily made his face towards the kitchen, but the sight on the kitchen floor made him drop whatever he had in his hands; panic ran through his mind and breath as he stared at the body laying on the floor unconscious.

He quickly ran up to it and crouched down and shook it. "Hyung!" he yelled in panic. "Taehyung hyung!" He quickly checked to see if he had a pulse, and thank god he had; his hand found his phone that had been thrown onto the floor and called for an ambulance.

Jungkook was sitting beside his boyfriend that was sleeping  on the hospital bed. Jungkook had his face in his hands, disappointed over his behaviour; the doctors had told him he was like this because he had mixed pills and alcohol. Luckily the younger one found him just in time before it'd turn into something very serious, or the worst case: death.

Jungkook wanted to slam his hands on the wall in anger and frustration. Why had his boyfriend mixed pills and alcohol? Did he do it accidentally, or purposely? If it was on purpose, he'd never forgive him.

A few hours later, Taehyung would finally wake up and come to. The second he met eyes with Jungkook, he knew immediately how the other felt, and he felt shame. He was ashamed over himself.

"I'm sorry Jungkookie," Taehyung apologised, afraid to meet his eyes, "I didn't want you to come home from work on your first day to find me like this."

Jungkook stood up, unable to stand still and phased around in the bedroom. "Then why? How?"

Taehyung was silent at first. "I didn't mean to," he said, "I had just taken the sleeping pills to take a nap, but they didn't work, and I eventually forgot I even took them and started drinking the drinks we had in the lounge."

Jungkook sighed heavily. He didn't want to speak yet. He just needed it to be quiet for a moment, until he was ready to speak more. "And why did you want to drink?" he asked with his brows raised.

"Well," Taehyung said, "I was bored, and getting drunk helps me to sleep," he explained shortly.

Jungkook snorted. "Helps you sleep? Of course it does, it messes with your head!" he yelled. "How stupid are you? If you can't rely on the pills, then definitely don't rely on toxic."

Taehyung didn't answer.

"Do you fucking hear me? Are you actually listening to me?" he yelled some more.

Taehyung's eyes were filled with tears, but none had fallen yet.

Jungkook glared at him. "I'm not just someone who lives with you, I'm your fucking boyfriend! You take care of me, I take care of you, but I can't take care of you when you don't even try to pull yourself together."

Taehyung sniffed subtly, but still refused to let a single teardrop fall down.

"I can't go to work everyday, fearing you'll be on the floor, not being home at all, or to find you without a pulse. I don't want to come home, finding you're just becoming worse, day by day."

Jungkook cried.

Taehyung cried.

Jungkook couldn't talk anymore, only letting out loud heartbreaking sobs. Taehyung was breaking his heart; he wasn't aching because the love of his life breaking up with him, but because he was breaking himself.

"Jungkookie," Taehyung cried, "I'm...scared."