Chapter 13

Delia's pov:

The next morning we had to leave the village and the villagers decided to name the bridge after Naruto.

We were kind of quiet on the way back, I guess we were tired. Kakashi told us to meet up at some bridge the next day and we parted our ways.

~~~

I awoke to the smell of pancakes and followed my nose to the kitchen table. As I walked into the kitchen I saw Ibiki sitting there ... with a pink apron. I chuckled slightly at the sight (you didn't get to see one of the toughest men in Konoha wearing a pink frilly apron everyday) and sat down across him. He also wasn't wearing his bandana. A variety of scars and burn marks littered his scalp. When he noticed me he quickly went to grab his bandana.

"It's okay, you don't have to cover your scars in front of me."
I said softly.

He fumbled a bit with his hands. "It's just that in the past I when I didn't cover my scars, people were scared of me."

I nodded understanding and continued eating.

"Say weren't you supposed to be at the bridge two hours ago?"

My eyes widened and I started shoveling the rest of my pancakes inside. Choking I  downed a glass of water and ran out of the door. 

"Bye Delia!" Ibiki smirked. 

I gave a quick wave and ran out of the door.

Running as fast as I possibly could (which wasn't that fast) I sped towards the bridge. Rounding a corner I smacked face first into a solid wall, 'gracefully' falling on my butt. 

"Hey are you alright there?" 

The voice startled me and I looked up. Seeing that the thing I ran into wasn't a wall but instead a boy. I vaguely recognized him from the academy. He had brown hair, and brown eyes. Two red marks covered his cheek and on top of his head sat an adorable little puppy.

"O my god, I'm so sorry." I frantically apologized, still sitting on the ground.

"It's okay, princess. I guess you just fell for me." He replied smirking.

My eyes widened slightly as he mentioned the word princess. Does he know?

"I'm Kiba by the way." A grin spread over his face, allowing me to see his slightly sharpened teeth. "Where were you going in such a hurry?"

"The bridge!"

I scrambled up and started speeding away.

"Hey! I didn't catch your name, princess!"

~~~

"YOU'RE LATE!!!" Naruto yelled upon seeing us. 

Coincidentally I arrived at the exact same time Kakashi arrived. So technically I wasn't late at all. 

We then continued doing some easy missions but Naruto somehow managed to suck at all of them. Which was, however, hilarious to watch.  

~~~

That afternoon I was a bit bored and wandered around the village aimlessly. Trying to do a game of 'the floor is lava' and only jump on roofs when I suddenly came across Naruto standing next to a small kid being held up by his throat by some weird looking ninja. The ninja had purple face paint, a weird black suit with cat ears and a big wrapped package on his back. Next to him was a girl with a purple dress and a big fan on her back. They were both sand ninja.

I observed for a little while until the cat ninja threw a punch at the little kid. I swiftly flashed in front of him and caught his punch with my own hand, which actually hurt quite a bit but at least I caught the fist (Ibiki's devilish training was finally starting to pay off). Immediately after that a small pebble hit the hand he was holding the boy with and he dropped the kid. I grabbed the kid and jumped back to Naruto.

I looked up and saw Sasuke sitting into a tree, holding another pebble in his hand.

"What do you think you're doing in another's village?" He stated trying to appear cool, I saw the sand girl already swooning.

I suddenly got this weird feeling that someone else was watching. I looked around a bit until I made eye contact with a red-haired boy with a big gourd on his back. But what was the most noticeable about him were his eyes, they were a shade of seafoam green but they were cold and emotionless. As he saw me look at him his eyes widened slightly but then slowly returned to normal. But behind the coldness I could see a hint of loneliness. 

"Hey kid, I hate kids like you, who think they're so clever." The cat guy reached behind his back and started unwrapping the package.

"Hey! You're going to use Karasu?" The girl said seeming slightly alarmed. But before anything could happen the red-haired boy stepped in.

"Kankuro, stop. You're a disgrace to our village. Why do you think we came all the way here to Konoha?"

Harsh

"Listen Gaara, these guys started it." Kankuro mumbled seemingly scared of Gaara.

"Shut up. I'll kill you." My eyes widened slightly at his cold and indifferent tone.

"I was at fault. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry." Kankuro stuttered.

The boy then turned towards us.
"Excuse them, you guys."

He then turned into sand and appeared next to the other sand ninjas. "Let's go. We didn't come here to fool around."

"Wait a second, why are you in our village?" Naruto stated arrogantly striking some weird pose.

"You don't know anything? We have a traffic pass. As you probably guessed, we're genins of the hidden village of the sand from the country of wind. We came here to take the Chuunin selection exam." The girl spoke.

"What's that?" Naruto asked stupidly.

"Naruto, you can advance from a genin to a chuunin if you pass the exam." The little kid stepped in.

"Really? Then I must take it, too." He got all excited.

"Hey, you there. What's your name?" Sasuke asked.

The girl turned around blushing "me?".

"No, the one next to you with the gourd." Ha rejected

"Gaara of the Desert. I am also interested in you and the girl. What's your name?" Hmm Gaara

"Uchiha Sasuke."

He turned to me with a questioning look.

"My name is Delia, nice to meet you." I nodded politely at him and he nodded at me as if he acknowledged me.

They then turned around and left.

Hmm this ought to be interesting.

~~~

The next day we met up at the bridge again and Kakashi gave us applications for the chunin exam. We all took one and left to train individually to prepare for the upcoming chuunin exam.