Chapter 12

Delia's pov:

The next morning we decided to let Naruto sleep in because he was exhausted while we went ahead to the bridge.

When we arrived there unconscious bodies were littered all over the bridge. "What's this? What happened?" Tazuna yelled angrily.

A thick mist started to surround us, causing us to step closer to each other and Tazuna.

"Sasuke, Delia he's coming." Kakashi said slowly.

I clenched my jaw and let my hands hover over my weapons pouch while standing protectively in front of Tazuna.

"Sorry to keep you waiting Kakashi. And you're still carrying those kids. He's shaking again, how pitiful." Zabuza's voice sounded eerie. I also noticed a few waterclones appeared.

I glanced at Sasuke and saw that he was indeed shaking but he smirked at me reassuringly and I gave a smirk back to him.

"I'm shaking with excitement." He said as he grabbed a kunai.

"Go for it Sasuke." Kakashi said.

Sasuke swiftly got rid of the water clones.

"He can defeat the water clones. The kid got stronger. A rival has appeared for you Haku." The fake hunter nin slowly emerged from the mist and stood next to Zabuza.

"I'll fight him. He pulled that stupid act on us. I hate conceited guys like that." Sasuke said trying to be cool. Keyword trying.

As soon as he said that, Haku started coming towards him quite fast but Sasuke managed to stop him. He's faster than I thought.

"Delia stick with Tazuna-san and don't get too far away from me." Kakashi ordered me. I let out a small sigh of relief knowing I didn't have to seriously fight Zabuza or Haku whose skill levels were way higher than mine.

So I  decided to obey and stood in front of Tazuna while I watched the fight between Sasuke and Haku. They were talking about something but I couldn't hear it when I suddenly noticed Haku making hand signs with only one hand. Damn I didn't know that was a thing, I need to learn that.

"Flying water of a thousand kills." Water started floating around them and turned into deathly needles. When they came down Sasuke jumped out of reach and started throwing shuriken at Haku and then appeared behind his back. He then somehow managed to kick him backwards.

"You can't make fun of our team just because we have children. Sasuke is the village of Konoha's top rookie. Naruto is the one who likes to show off and is number one in surprising people, he's the knuckleheaded ninja. And lastly Delia, one of the smartest kids of Konoha." Kakashi said. Aww I feel flattered.

"Haku, you understand that you'll be defeated like this?" Zabuza started laughing creepily.

Haku started radiating off a large amount of chakra and the temperature dropped noticeably as he started making hand signs. Large ice mirrors appeared all around Sasuke. Haku then stepped into one of the mirrors. I narrowed my eyes at the contraption. Shit this is bad.

Kakashi rushed towards them but he got cut off by Zabuza.

I soon heard bloodcurdling screams coming from inside the ice dome. I looked at Tazuna and noticed that he looked just as unnerved as I felt.

"Uzumaki Naruto is here!"

I facepalmed myself. That idiot, this could've been the perfect opportunity for a surprise attack.

"Now that I'm here everything is going to be just fine. The main character of a story usually appears like this and defeats the enemy in a flash!"

Tazuna and I just sweatdropped.