Prologue

Delia's pov:

Looking in the mirror I came face to face with a young girl. Her long dark hair, pinned up into an elegant bun, contrasting her pale skin. Her lips were tinted red from a bit of lipstick and the lashes framing her deep blue eyes weighed down by mascara. She frowned at a loose strand of hair and quickly pinned it back into its place.

"Princess Delia, your fiancee is here. Your parents requested your presence." Sierra, my personal maid, said, shooing me out of my room.

Perhaps I should explain a few things to you before we continue, dear readers. My name is Delia Nox and I live on a planet called Dawayne. Our planet is known as the planet of the everlasting night as it is dark here at all times. I currently study at Alfea, an academy for gifted young girls aspiring to be fairies. My powers are of course night based, as all fairies from this planet.

Coincidentally, I happened to be born into the royal family here as the second born child. My brother, Dasan, will one day be the ruler of this planet. To strengthen bonds with other planets it was decided at my birth that when I turn eighteen I am to marry prince Rai, a talented specialist and more importantly the crown prince of Solaria, the planet of the shining sun.

I took a deep breath and rose up, smoothening my much too expensive dress until there were no creases left. The dark blue dress rustled slightly as I descended the stairs into the great hall. This is where, for the first time, I would meet my fiancé.

Nervous butterflies fluttered around in my stomach as I clutched the railing tighter than necessary.

At the bottom of the staircase stood my parents, the current king and queen of Dawayne in all their royal glory. My father wearing his most impressive suit, a golden crown perched on his impeccable dark hair. My mother was wearing a wide black gown that glittered when the light hit it just right. Her hair, like mine, was pinned into an elegant bun, a tiara resting on her head.

The royals from Solaria formed a stark contrast with my parents. Instead of the dark colors my parents chose, they were wearing bright colors. The king wore a suit with tints of white and gold, a red cape flowing to the floor behind him. The queen was absolutely beautiful. Long golden blond hair cascaded down her back, complementing the golden gown she was wearing.

And then there was who I presumed to be prince Rai. His hair, neatly trimmed, was so blond it was almost white and his eyes were blue like the sky on a sunny summer day. For his young age, 14, he was fairly muscular, a clear result of his training as a specialist. He looked handsome in his white and red suit, a sword hooked securely to a brown leather belt that was undoubtedly made from the best and most expensive leather available.

As I reached the bottom of the stairs I nodded respectfully towards my parents and curtsied for the king and queen of Solaria.

"My name is Delia, it's an honor and delight to finally meet you."

"Oh dear, no need to be so polite, we will be family in the future after all." The queen said giving me a small smile before kissing me on my cheek.

My stomach twisted unpleasantly at the mention of family. I didn't know these people and yet they were already acting as if the wedding had already happened.

"I want you to meet our son, Rai. I am sure you have been waiting to finally meet each other." The king stepped in. His voice was deep and commanding but warm at the same time.

I turned my attention to Rai and gave him a tentative smile. He, seemingly as nervous as I was, nodded back at me politely.

"Now Delia why don't you show Rai around the castle? That way you can get to know each other a bit better." My mother said giving me a look that said that it wasn't quite a question but an order.