1

An irritating buzz ruins my perfectly good sleep. The dreaded day in upon us, well me. I kick my leg up, perpendicular to my bed and jerk it down. The momentum of this flings my torso into the upright position. I proceed to slide of my bed with much disdain. I trudge to the mirror and look at the mop of chocolate hair and tired green eyes with a scowl.

I go to my closet and get the new uniform. I put it on and fix my hair to the best of my abilities. One piece of hair refuses to lay flat. The little hair curls up right by my part in my side swept bangs. (This is the basic form of the hair)

I give up on the stubborn piece of hair and finish getting ready for the first day

I give up on the stubborn piece of hair and finish getting ready for the first day. I grab my black rimmed glasses and  eat an apple before walk out the door. The school I'm attending isn't to far from my house so walking is no biggie. I see a few students passing me by wearing the same uniform or the corresponding male uniform. I make an effort to avoid them, it's too early to converse with others, let alone people I don't even know yet.

I stroll through the school gate and to the office to pick up my schedule. I was in class 5, first year. The office ladies assign me a shoe locker and combination. I had some time so I go to find my locker and memorize its location. I swap my shoes and roam the halls for my class. The more and more I look around, the more and more I get lost.

My sense of direction is virtually nonexistent and this doesn't help my case here. I busy myself staring at the little piece of paper in my hand. I walk around like a lost puppy, praying that someone will approach me so I don't have to.

My thoughts are interrupted by the top of my head running into a reasonably hard surface, clearly a person. Specifically a male, I look up and see a boy with floppy gray hair and a little mole by his eye. "Sorry," I manage to say without stuttering. He greets me with a closed eye smile, "Ah, it's no problem," He looks at me with an analyzing stare. "Are you a new student? I don't I've ever seen you here before," he pipes.

I nod. He cranes his neck and looks at my schedule, "You are on the opposite side of the school that your class in on," he laughs slightly. "Yeah this is the third year hallway," he says nonchalantly. I feel my lips turn up in an ironic smile with wide eyes. Death is approaching.

I look around and see other students tower overhead. "They're so tall," I mutter. Some of them look like full grown adults.

"Would you like my to show you to your class?" he offers with bright eyes. He grabs my hand and guides my through the sea of towers. His hands were calloused, he's in a sports club.

I trot close behind him until w enter the main hall. He releases my hand, "So what's your name?" he asks. God I have such a hard time asking for people's names, "Um, Moyasu Chihiro. Yours?"

"Sugawara Koshi, nice to meet you," We arrive in front of a sliding classroom door, "Well here it is, hope you have a good first day," he smiles as he walks away. I wave with my arm tucked into my side. I slide open the doors and see the students grouping up in small circles. A common sight in any social situation. People form close knit groups and stick with them. I just transferred so I missed out on a friend group during class.