1.1

kim yeoreum

with every note that came floating from the piano i stepped closer to him. the smile that was on my face gradually dropped as my expression turned into a rather shocked one; so confused of how he know this song that only snow white and i knew about. but the longer i looked at yoongi, the more i get convinced that he is actually her. however, the doubt was still there...

"how... how did you—"

"don't ask anything and take a seat," he cuts me off and paused briefly to pat the space beside him, "you never got to listen to the whole thing before you left... so now that you're back, keep your mouth shut for now and just listen."

i did as told and so, he continued.

with every stroke of the keyboard and notes that sounded from the paino, memories of my childhood flashed back to mind, as i felt like re-living every second of the past.

i remember snow white coming over to my house one day, all jumpy and excited and told me that she had a gift for me. i couldn't even greet her properly before she stormed inside and ran up to the piano, climbing up the chair and shouted for me to hurry up and follow after...

a couple of years ago...

impatiently tapping the tip of her toes repeatedly against the welcome to our home mat, she couldn't help but feel like barging the door and yell with all she had, that she has something to show her best friend. it was meant as a gift, but she couldn't give it to her without showing it. nevertheless, maintaining herself from kicking the door, the lock finally clicked and as the door creaked open, a familiar tiny figure appeared between the door space.

"yeoreum-ah, i have a gift for you!" the little blonde girl eagerly yelled, small-jumping up and down, her eyes glimmering with lights.

yeoreum on the other hand was about to say hi with a tiny wave, just like how she would greet her best friend, but the blonde girl suddenly pushed her to the side and stormed inside and up the stairs, before shouting,

"come on, hurry up and get here, yeoreum-ah! you will love it!!!"

and so she closed the entrance door shut, before running up the stairs, hurrying up to see what was this thing she's going to love.

kim yeoreum

present day...

"you're...—"

once yoongi stopped the playing i turned to him and was about to say something, but cutted off myself when he looked back, pulling back his hands and placed them on his lap.

he then smiled, finishing off my sentence for me,

"—snow white?"

i stared at him, my mind twisting and twirling.

"how...?"

"you still don't get it, huh?"

i slowly shook my head, blinking my eyes in confusion.

"the little girl with blonde and curly hair, pale skin and barely spoke unless it was something important; who always wore blue dress and was up for anything you suggested; whom you adressed—and still adresses as snow white... that girl is me..."

he pasued for a brief second,

"except from that... i was never really a girl, i'm a guy. the only reason i wore dresses and had cute stuff in my hair; letting you call me that name and acted more like a girl... all that was because of... you know... you."