1.0

kim yeoreum

i fiddled with my own hands, sitting by the bed and did not know where to look- or what to say at the very moment. the only thing i could register right now was my unsteady breathing, my racing heart and the awkward atmosphere.

sitting just right by my side was no other than yoongi himself, he didn't say much either but was looking down at my bedroom floor, seemingly in a deep thought. however, it was hard trying to get into his mind. i wonder what he is thinking about, i said to myself internally, and as though he could read my mind, he tilted his head and gave me a questionable gesture.

"do i have something on my face?" he then asked with a blink.

for some odd reason i could feel my face heat up as i slowly shake my head, stammering in reply,

"y-you don't..."

in which he smiled back, something that took me by surprise and unconsciously smiled back to him. then, the silence returned but we, at some point, kept looking at each other. by the time we did that i managed to briefly have a good look at his face, and i'm not gonna lie, he is gorgeous as damn... i could have dated him; totally a boyfriend material.

"yeoreum... kim yeoreum,"

my eyes widen a bit upon hearing my name being called, and it was only then i noticed that i was staring at him, almost drooling. hence, i straighten myself up and awkwardly cleared my throat.

"ehermmm....! y-yes, yoongi?"

"your phone is ringing,"

looking down as he was pointing at the ringing thing in my pocket, i hastily brought up my phone, nearly dropped it but didn't, before half-heartedly giggle at yoongi in embarrassment. after which i simply declined the call and threw the electronic across the bed.

yoongi gave me a weird look,

"you're... not gonna pick up?"

i shook my head,

"nah. it was my brother, i'll talk with him when we get downstairs,"

"okay..."

"yeah..."

and so the silence returns once again. nonetheless, instead of just remaining at the same spot sitting on the bed beside me, yoongi suddenly gets up and walked over to the door, leaving it wide open as he exited. without asking where he was going i decided to just follow after, only to find him taking a seat by our family piano in the hallway.

i walked over with an amused smile plastered on my face and just when i was about to open my mouth and tease him, he beat me to it and suddenly asked—

"hey, remember this song?"—and without any hesitations started playing.