i'm right here.

Começar do início

"I love you too."

I hung up the phone and dumped the jack down the drain of the bath tub. I put rad downstairs and put my shoes back and played with my keys.

"Ava! Jack, come over here for a second."

The two came over to me and I kneeled down to their level.

"Aunt Anne is coming over for a little bit to watch you. Daddys gotta run a special errand real quick, okay," I asked.

They both nodded.

"When will you be back," Ava asked.

"Soon, I promise, okay," I said and the sound of a car door soon followed.

"I love you guys okay? I'll see you in a bit."

Anne came in and I thanked her again and hugged her briefly. I ran out to the car and started it quickly. I went to the hospital, going a lot faster than I should have but there was so much adrenaline pumping though me that I barely noticed.

I pulled into the busy parking lot and found a spot that was practically at the farthest point away. It was still a spot. I ran as fast as I fucking could to the entrance, not bothering to check for cars.

After my spring inside I went to the front desk. I tried to calm down as the lady addressed me.

"Good afternoon sir, are you trying to visit someone?"
"Yes," I panted. "Thomas DeLonge. I believe he came here within the past day or so."

"Can I have your name first to see if you're on his contact list."

"Mark DeLonge," I said, my breathing finally calming down.

She typed the name in and a smile cane on her face.

"Yes sir. He is in room b-17 on the 6th floor. There's an elevator right down the hall."

"Thank you ma'am," I said before running off.

I went to the elevator, pressing the up arrow at least 15 times as if it made the machine move any faster. The box was empty and I entered. I pressed the 6 button and closed the door before anyone could stop me. The elevator moved relatively fast. I came to the 6th floor.

No stops were made to other floors and for that I was grateful. I walked quickly through the crowded halls and found B-17. The door was unlocked so I pushed through.

What I saw next made my heart drop. A nurse was setting out bandages and lifting up Tom's gown over his thighs. His IV must've gotten taken out recently.

He looked up at me and and his face instantly turned to one of guilt, pain, and a tint of happiness. He opened his arms hesitantly and I almost crushed him as I went over.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry," he sobbed into shirt.

I hurried my face in his hair, placing gentle kisses on the top of his head. He shook gently in my arms as tears fell from both our eyes. He soaked my shirt as he bawled uncontrollably.

"What happened sweetie," I mumbled into him.

"I'm sick, Mark," he said as his voice calmed down a bit.

I just nodded. I pulled him back into my arms tighter, rocking as from side to side.

I pulled off him after a few moments. I sat next to him on the bed and he began to tug his gown up. His hands gripped at the fabric shakily and his breathing was shallow. He tugged it up slowly and my jaw dropped as my eyes were met with countless bloody slices in Tom's skin.