Chapter 17 Date

A/N: THis is dedicated to ErinMcDonald726 for voting and commenting.

Chapter 17 Date

Ash's POV

I let myself fall asleep and the healing process set in. It would take a while. Carlisle should have left the venom in my system, it would have helped me heal faster, it wouldn't hurt me. "Ash," I heard Jasper call as I started to come to.

"I'm fine," I mumbled. I knew I had been asleep for days and had him worried. I hadn't told him much about my kind. There were very few of my kind and Aro hunted my kind, he viewed as a prize like none other. According to him, I wasn't like the rest of my kind, I was more powerful, so he wanted me in his coven. I had managed to avoid going with them for years.

"You need to eat," Jasper said as I sat up. I stretched and yawned and looked out of the train car.

"Where are we?" I asked taking the milk he had in his hand.

"Utah," he replied. I started eating some of the food he had given me. "So why did you leave the hospital?"

"Human meds don't work for me, no human medicine works for me, I'm not a full human, I'm more like the wolves at La Push. What humans think of as medicine is poison to me, it's the magic that courses through my veins." I let the silence fall as we rode on. It was hard to explain and right now I wanted to hunt, now wasn't the time though.

"So prom?" Jasper asked.

"Need a date?" I asked back. I had never been to a school dance before, it would be fun. Probably the only time Jasper would be able to get me in a dress.

"Yeah, Ash, would you be my date to prom?" he asked.

"I'd love to, when is it?" I asked.

"Two days," he answered.

"Then we had better get our asses back to Forks," I said jumping out of the moving train and starting to run at a human pace heading for the woods.

"Ash, what are you doing?" I heard Jasper call but he was right behind me. I knew we were at least three days away by train; we could be back in minutes if we ran.

"Getting back home, as soon as we hit the woods I'll take on my wolf form and you can jump on; we'll be there in no time. Then we can get ready for prom," I said still running for the woods. I just kept running, I wanted to get home.

"I don't want to hurt you, Ash," Jasper called.

"Then I'll see you at home in a day if you don't take the ride," I said transforming as I hit the woods and I took off. He didn't join me within a few seconds so I ran off on my own and headed home. I was going to go find a perfect dress and let my sisters do my hair as I played in the makeup. I never got to do stuff like this before. I had never been someone's date before. What were the rules? I would have to ask Alice, Rose, and Bella, I didn't know about things like this.

As soon as I ran into the driveway of my home I ran into Alice's room and called Rose and told them the news. I needed to get cleaned up, eat something, go hunting, and then I could go shopping. Of course, Alice wanted to come with me but I told her she would have to wait till she got back from school to see the dress. Just then Jasper came in the door. "Damn, you're fast," he said coming upstairs.

"I told you that you should have accepted the ride," I replied heading back outside to hunt.