Chapter 6

As I got my office floor Stacy was all worked up.
"Stacy! STACY! All good?"
"Mr. Black is waiting for you ma'am."
"Finally. I was waiting for him."
I enter my office and took my sit.
"So Jared got all our case solved yet? When will you sign the divorce paper? David still didn't got a word back. " I said to him. He was looking at me as if he is going to eat me up.
"Are they mine?" he asked with fierce full eyes as if burning hole in me. I knew what he is taking about so with a sigh, I said "No. They ain't. So please don't get all worked up and get over our divorce. OK."
"I don't believe you. They were born after about 8 months you left five years back." he said throwing my boys admission paper copies on my table.
"Seven months and 12 days to be approximate. And they ain't yours. I can guarantee it." I said to him somehow managing my cool.
"So are you telling me that you cheat on me while you were with me? " he accused me.
" Look whose talking! And again a big fat 'No'. I am not like you. Yes I spelt with someone else but after leaving you. On our marriage 2nd anniversary after catching you with your secretary on our bed remember. Huh? You remember right? And again to remind you and get this straight in your head, 'No, they ain't yours.'. So please don't associate yourself with my kids. Now if its not about our divorce you are here I am kindly as much kind as I can be to you, asking you to leave. " I said. I asked Stacy to escort him out by kind or force. It took 6 watchmen and 4 guards to do it. I calm myself and soon resume to my work.
--------------------
It was time to wrap up when Stacy entered.
"Need something Stacy?" I asked her as she put a paper in front of me. She was withering on her feet's as she stands in front of my table.
"Ma'am its my resignation letter. I want to resign." she whispered enough for me to hear.
"Why may I asked?" I raised an eyebrow.
"I can't deal with our this new client."
"And what must that mean?"
"He is Mr. Knight, Gilliam Knight. He is m..my ex."
"Wait a minute Mr Knight is your ex boyfriend?"
"No, he is my husband, my ex husband."
"You were married. Wow! Looks like we have some fucked up luck in case of marriage. Huh. First take a sit then tell me the rest. I in case heard that he is a devoted person."I said. She sited herself on in-front-of-table the chair
"He is devoted. And have more value than your husband for sure bu.... but tt.. but " she shuttered to speak.
"Look if you ready to speak about it then don't, but if you ever changed your mind then know that I am always here for you. And no, I am not accepting your resignation. Whatever that man did in past should not affect your future and really shouldn't affect you present. If you ask me, I will say you should see him and tell him that he didn't matter to you, that you are strong woman that can live well without him.". She only nodded before heading out. I let out a small sigh and headed to home myself.