Operation: Kill Scott McCall

I think the shock I experienced must have wiped any and all expression from my face, for Stiles scrunched his eyebrows in concern. He gently touched my shoulder, but quickly rescinded his hand when I flinched harshly underneath his touch.

"June?" He asked, and I gaped up at him. I looked over to Scott and Kira, who were sizing me up, gaging how I would react to the fact that my parents, who weren't even in Beacon Hills at the current moment, were somehow on the dead pool. I let it settle for a minute that I would have to reach out to my parents despite never wanting to speak to them again, and everything came crashing down on me all at once. Every repercussion this would have, every terrible and grueling scenario playing out in my head, all starting with word getting out to the other covens about me as punishment.

"Yeah," I started almost silently, and I saw Stiles lean in slightly to hear me better, "Yeah this is something that shouldn't have been kept a secret. Like at all."

"June, I-" Stiles tried to grab my hand and I wrenched it out of his grasp and pinched the bridge of my nose.

"I - I have to go," I explained, frustration and hurt overtaking me all at once, "I need to deal with this," I waved the piece of paper that was still clutched in my hand in front of his face.

"Would you let me explain-?" He stopped when he saw the tears gathering in my eyes.

"I guess I was right," I relented, even though I really wished I wasn't right at all, "The secrets you keep from me never end well."

Stiles' eyes widened and he stepped closer to me, "June, please-"

"Please leave me alone," I whispered, and I saw sadness shine in my very new boyfriend's eyes, "Please, just please." I retreated to the entrance of the vault and slowly turned around to see all of them staring guiltily at me.

I straightened my posture and looked Scott dead in the eye. It looked like it took all the courage he had not to break my stare, and he kept level with me.

"You all need to trust us a little more," I rebuked, "And keep us in the loop of everything. I mean it, we're still with you, but not for very much longer if you keep shit like this up." Scott nodded quickly, followed by Kira, and an upset-looking Stiles.

"June-" Scott tried but I held my hand up and he faltered.

"I know your guys' dads are looking for you. You should go find them." I sniffled a tad and walked away from them. Once I was at the top of the stairs I heard Scott mumble something that I didn't bother to try and decode.

I walked slowly out of the school, dodging all the police officers, Lydia and her mom, the CDC who were still cleaning up and made my way to the parking lot where Malia, true to her word, was sitting in the passenger's seat of my car. I slowly slid into the car and let the slam of the car door echo around us to fill the silence. I sighed deeply and rubbed my hands harshly over my face before grunting in frustration and colliding my hands with the steering wheel. I did that a few times before I remembered Malia was in the car with me. I snapped my gaze over to her to see she didn't even flinch, she was still just staring straight ahead.

"Malia?" I called out softly, putting my hand gently on her shoulder. I could feel her muscles tense but they were quick to relax when she realized I was on her side. She didn't take her eyes off of the high school we still faced. It was almost unnerving until she blinked and looked over at me.

"I'm sorry, I don't really like getting that angry, especially in front of people," I apologized and she shrugged her shoulders lightly.

"I thought about doing the same thing but it would've really damaged your car," A breath of laughter escaped my lips at her remark before we were one again enveloped in silence.