Almost

"What's the point of having a phone" Karielle started, once Jerome finally picked up the cellphone number he gave her that day. "if you don't fucking answer it?!"

"I've been busy." He kept it short, not wanting to go much into details.

"For three weeks?!" She screamed at the other side of the line, wanting a explanation.

"Chill, blonde. Why have you been calling me so much?" His voice became sarcastic. "Miss me this much?"

"First, fuck off. Second, you know how curious I am, and you're using this against me right now!" Jerome could feel how pissed she was, and that only made the whole situation even funnier.

He chuckled. "Meet me at the rooftop of your apartment in twenty minutes. Then we can talk." She glanced at the clock. 10:40p.m.

"Jer-" Elle was cut by the beep the dead line was making before she could keep talking; he hung up on her face, as always. "Motherfucker."

"What did I do?" She heard Pietro's voice behind her, making her turn.

"Wasn't talking to you." Pietro made his way to her bed, only to throw himself there with full force. "What's up with you boys jumping on my bed all the time now? Don't you guys have your own?!"

"Jesus Christ girl, what animal bit you? You're acting like a bitch today." He complained, asking himself internally what was wrong with his best friend, even if he already knew the answer.

"If you consider Jerome a animal, I guess you have your answer." She shrugged, throwing herself on the bed too, leaning against the brown haired boy.

"Still worrying about that bastard?" Pietro asked, disgusted.

"You know I care about him, Pietro." Karielle shrugged again, looking at her ceiling. "He may act like shit sometimes, but I just can't stop myself from caring."

"He's toxic, Elle." He whispered, hoping that this time she would finally listen to him. "He's a could blooded killer, and one day, he will bring you down with him."

"I didn't ask your opinion, tho." Her words where harsh, but her tone was gentle. He understood what and why he's trying to do, but she just wished he stopped trying to decide who she could be friends with. It was her life, after all.

"How was your day?" He asked, dropping the topic.

"Boring. The same as always. Yours?" Elle finally looked at him, but he was already staring down at her.

"Better now." He smiled at her. She punched his shoulder playfully, feeling her cheeks getting red-ish.

"Drop the cheesy lines, asshole." Karielle smiled, looking at him again. They kept staring at each other for a few seconds. Something tickled in her stomach. She wanted to look away, but she just couldn't. Not with the look he was giving her. He started leaning in, and for her own surprise, she just stayed still. Their lips were millimeters apart, then her phone started ringing, making them jump.

"Jesus Christ." She whispered, her cheeks so red she could feel 'em burning hot. Almost. The hell was both of them thinking?! She didn't even spare a look at her cellphone to see who it was. "Yes?!"

"So you basically beg to see me, and when I finally agree, you make me wait?" She heard the sarcastic tone in Jerome's voice. "Tsc tsc. What a bitch move, Elle."

Karielle looked at her wall clock. 11:07p.m. "Fuck!" She hung up, jumping from her bed. "I'll be right back." Elle said to Pietro, not even sparing him a look.

Jerome's going to kill her, but she may as well get some answers first.

••••••••••

I left this story with 1.5k reads... AND NOT IT HAS OVER 5K, ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? WHAT IN THE HOLY FUCKINGNDLCCKXKCK OH MY FUCKING GOD GUYS.

Thank you so much. Really, so so so so much. I still can't believe it... oh my god.

Anyhow, I'm back... I think. Well, I wasn't going to post this today because I'm with my older phone 'cause I accidentally broke my new one and I'm waiting for it to be fixed. BUT, I got inspired, so... Here it goes. It went better than I imagined, to be honest. I actually liked chapter lol.

I hope you guys enjoyed it! Sorry for taking so long, school was crazy, family was crazy, life was crazy, girlfriend was crazy. Shit went down, but life goes on, am I right?

I'll probably post the next part before New Year. It's 1:20a.m. right now and my body is hurting so bad, besides, I'm on my phone, so if there is any mistakes, please let me know!

Merry Christmas, everyone! I love you all, thank you.

Anna