Missed Me?

May 10, 2008

It wasn't hot, but it wasn't cold either. The sky was covered with dark clouds, and the wind was powerful, but Elle didn't felt any of that. If anything, her only desire was to rain and get colder. After everything, she learned to love the cold. The university campus was almost empty, except for a few people talking in groups here and there. Soon, the place was going to be empty. Everyone was going to go inside for their classes, but not her. Karielle would just sit there, not feeling like keeping up with dumb people and boring teachers that day. But she didn't wanted to stay at home hearing her father complaining that she just stayed home.

The blonde girl was almost falling asleep with her head on her hand when her phone rang, making her jump. She was getting scared to easily these days. Overcoming the laziness of picking up her phone somewhere deep in her bag, she answered with a boring voice when she saw who was it.

"What?"

"Jesus, your mood is so good today." Pietro's voice was sarcastic at the other side of the line, as always.

"Tell me something I don't know. What do you want?" Elle felt her eyes heavy, and she was keeping herself from hanging up the phone without any word.

"Well, I just wanted to tell that your fuck boy escaped from Arkham, but if you gonna tr-" he kept talking, but now Karielle was wide awake with his words, and wasn't paying attention anymore.

"What did you just said?" all of the feelings that was telling her to sleep disappeared in less than one second.

"You're in a bad mood and deaf? Wow, that's a change for the day. What's going to be next? Blindness?"

"Go fuck yourself, Hastings, and tell me what the fuck you're talking about." Karielle was trying really hard to keep her patience, but her best friend wasn't helping either. At the time he started talking again, Karielle was already heading to the exit.

"That ginger one who killed his mother, ya know? The one you liked to fuck every once in a while." every single word he said was to tease her, and it was working. He knew she was going to break, he was just pushing her to the edge, like everytime.

"I hope you get hit by a car and break your fucking neck." was the only thing she said before hanging up. Elle was used to his teasing, but she just wasn't in the mood for all his bullshit that day. She wasn't even paying attention on what she was doing; Pietro's words not leaving her mind. If that was just one more joke from him she would literally beat him to death.

Karielle wasn't even paying attention on the road, her mind was focused on other things. Was he really free? Did he really escaped? What really happened? All kind of questions surrounded her mind, but only one was on the center of it all. Was would he do now?

⇢⇢⇠⇠

The minute she entered her house she thanked the gods for being alone. The first thing she did was throwing her bad anywhere and rushing to her room to see the news, but the TV control wasn't anywhere to be found. That was when she heard someone giggling from the door. Elle's neck almost broke with the speed she looked to the side.

The first thing she noticed was his ginger hair. But it looked different. Before his hair was carefully made, and now it was a total hot mess, like he just didn't cared anymore. And she loved that. The second things was the same black and white straps on the Arkham uniform that he was wearing when she last saw him. And third, was the same devilish grin on his face that she learned to like.

"Hi, blondie." Karielle didn't realized how much she missed the sound of his voice until now. "Missed me?"

~/~

I am alive, after all. It's been more than a month? I'm so sorry, guys! My school was just killing me and every free time I had, so I would literally end up falling in my bed everytime I could. BUUUUUT, my exams are over – for now – and I'll have my school break in only two weeks! Yaaaaay!

About the chapter, well, I didn't like it that much. I am literally falling asleep on top of my computer, so it does have a lot of mistakes that I am so not in the mood to correct them, but please, if you see one, let me know. The chapter was short and shit, I know, honestly, I do, but that's all I could write in my current state. I promise to compensate in the next ones!

I would just like to thank everybody who voted and read the story, 'cause we have almost A THOUSAND READS AND THAT'S SOME SERIOUS SHIT I THINK I'M GOING TO CRY BECAUSE HOLY SHIT! All I can do it's thank you guys, because this wouldn't be happening without you, and I promise that I'll make it up to you. 

I think I'll see you guys as soon as possible? I'll try to update next week, but I don't know. I won't take so long tho, I am really so much better than I was when I posted the last chapter here. Anyhow.

I'm out.

Saranghae. ❤︎

✗ Anna ✗

✗ Anna ✗