Watch Me

February 25, 2008

Even with the door closed, she could still hear all the noise. The voices coming from the cells in Arkham were really loud, making Karielle uncomfortable. She was there for only five minutes and already thought about running out the door multiple times. But she didn't. She didn't know why, she just stayed there, waiting for them to bring Jerome to the private room she was. She was biting her bottom lip so hard that she could taste the blood on her tongue, but that didn't stopped her.

Suddenly, the door was opened, making her jump in the chair. Jerome and the security guard entered the room. He pushed Jerome in the chair, taking his handcuffs off, then turning to the now blonde girl again.

"You have ten minutes." then walked off, closing the door with a loud noise. She could almost feel Jerome's eyes burning her skin, so she looked at him.

"What?"

"You're blonde again." he said, smiling. "You look way hotter like this." the comment made her smile a little.

"I would say the same for you, but I have a reputation. We don't want to ruin that now, do we?" her arms were now on the metal table, making shivers go down her spine. The table were as cold as Jerome's eyes.

"No, we don't." his smile grew a little more. "It's been a week. I was already wondering that you switched me for that so called best friend you have."

"Is that jealous I hear in you voice, J?" the sarcasm on Elle's voice was as clear as water.

"Just taking care of what's mine." the smile on his face was crazier than the last time Karielle saw him. But that didn't stopped her from getting close, their eyes locked.

"I belong to no one but myself." she pulled back again, relaxing in the chair, crossing her arms. "I guess you should know that by now."

"Oh, I do. I just like to see your face when I say it." that made Elle roll her brown eyes. "What took you so long, though?"

"What would people think if the girl who were with you few hours before came visiting just a day later?" she answered, although he already knew the answer. "And I wanted to see if you would miss me."

"Miss you? Me? You're keeping your hopes too high, Hartell." he spoke with a false indifference. Elle laughed.

"That's what we'll see, Valeska. That's what we'll see... Thank you, by the way. You know, for not turning me in and shit."

"Did you really thought I would give you the credit for my killing? You are really keeping you hopes too high, blondie."

"I'm just going to pretend you didn't call me that again."

"Why is your hair blonde again?" he ignored her, focusing on other things.

"Felt like changing again. Black didn't looked good on me."

"Keep it that way." Jerome blinked, making her roll her eyes again. Elle got up. "Where are you going?"

"Pietro is picking me up in ten minutes to take me to make my registration on the university."

"Your what?" Jerome almost choked on his own words.

"My registration. On the university. Want a draw?"

"What the actual fuck are you going to do on a fucking university?" he asked, his face honestly surprised. "I thought you didn't like people."

"What people do when they are in college, stupid? And I do hate people. That's why I never went to a real school. But like I said, I felt like changing." she was walking around the table while saying that, stopping by Jerome's side. "Maybe I come back one of these days to see you. Who knows, right?"

"Are you really going to that hell hole?" ignoring everything she said, Jerome asked. Elle smiled. A smile that Jerome had not seen on her face for a long time.

"Watch me."

~/~

This is just horrible, and small, and shitty, and omg I am so sorry you guys are reading this. I feel so embarrassed for posting these, but I promised I would post yesterday, and I didn't, so I forced myself to write this, and well... It didn't went so well.

My life has been such a mess lately, and I have zero will and disposition to write. My mood has been horrible, and I just didn't want to write while I am like this, but I made a promise, so I'm keeping it. I am truly sorry for this shit of a chapter and for being so small, but I just couldn't write anything more. I am sorry, honestly.

Thank you tho, for almost 700 reads. I cannot tell how much I am happy with that, you guys made my day. Thank you. Really.

I don't know when I'll update again, but I'll try not to take to long.

I'm off for now.

Anna