Prologue

Rain was pouring from the sky with an amazing strength. It was like the sky was coming down, from the woman perspective. The weather was like that for a week now. The sound of the raindrops hitting on the top of the car were starting to piss both of them. Jerome's eyes were closed, but Karielle could almost feel the anger emanating from him.

"Will this shit ever stop?!" he complained, closing his hands.

"Ask Mother Nature." the answer only made him open his eyes and look at her with bored eyes.

"Too bad I'm asking for you then, uh?" the sarcasm was almost dropping like poison from his voice. Elle rolled her eyes at that, already used to it.

"Do I look like a psychic to you, Jerome? Or are you honestly just trying to drive me crazy?" questioned, without taking her eyes off the road.

"I'm pretty sure I don't need to drive you crazy." he said, after thinking for a few seconds.

"I don't even know why I waste my time with you anymore." Elle grumbled, making him do what he did best: laugh.

Karielle ignored his attempts to make her mad the rest of the trip, until they finally arrived.

"Remind me again why I can't stay at your house?" he asked, for the first time making a question she was able to answer.

"Because..." she started, getting out of the car, not caring about the rain. He got out too. "I don't want Alaska to kick me out of our new apartment."

"I thought the apartment was yours... And you are older than her." he remembered, stopping right by her side at the door.

"It's in my name, but she's paying too." explained, but stopped before keep going. "And she scares me sometimes."

"I could help with that, if you want..." Jerome said, raising his eyebrows suggestively, entering the house with her.

"You touch her, I'll rip your hands off and give it to my dog." the threat wasn't totally empty and both of them knew that.

"You don't have a dog." he remembered, closing the door behind him.

"I'll buy one." she smiled, throwing her hands in the air. He stayed quiet. That made Elle turn around. "What?" she asked, making eye contact.

"Why don't you stay a little?" he suggested, still looking at her brown eyes.

"Don't get any ideas, ginger." Karielle warned, leaving the house keys on a table. "I still have to help Alaska with all the moving, and it's three hours 'till I get there again, and..." she stop when he started walking up to her. "Jerome, what did I jus-"

"She can wait." he said, and all her body and mind was screaming in agreement. "Tell me you don't want it too and I stop."

"You won't stop." she whispered, his body standing close to her.

"True, but... I would like to see you try to trick me and say that." he admitted, his hands pushing her on the wall before she could even notice. Blood filled her mouth when she realized she was bitting her own lip too hard.

"If she get angry with me, I'm gonna blame it on you."

"Sure."

~/~

So, this was it guys! This chapter is dedicated to my babydoll slash girlfriend, goddess_of_tempest. She is also my co-writer on the main book, and I love her with all my heart <3 Anyhow, I hope you all liked it, if you see any mistakes, please tell me! Favorite or comment if you're feeling like it? <3 Thanks for reading! Really, it means a lot to me! 'Till next time <3

➰  Anna ➰