Interrogation

Jerome left fifteen minutes ago, and Karielle still couldn't stand still. Pietro was still on the ground, his eyes closed, his mouth showing how he wasn't enjoying what his best friend was doing. Still not opening his eyes, as soon as Karielle passed by his side, he grabbed her ankle, making her stumble.

"If you give one more step you are seriously going to make a hole in the floor. I'm going to tie you to a chair if you don't stay quiet." he threatened. Karielle sighed, giving up and jumping onto the bed, making a loud noise. "Why are you so anxious?"

"Trust me, you don't wanna know." she said, and that made him open his brown eyes, getting out of the floor and joining the bed with her.

"If you are saying this, then I should definitely know." something in her eyes made Pietro believe that both of them were right. He wouldn't want to know, but he needed to. Before he could say something else, she changed the subject.

"Can you hack the camera systems of the interrogation rooms on the GCPD?" hope was showed in her eyes.

"What do I get for that?" Karielle facial expression changed to something innocent, a sweet smile on her lips.

"A big and amazing hug from your best friend?" Pietro kept the bored expression. Karielle smiled fell. "Fifty bucks."

"Sixty."

"Done."

"Is it ready?" she asked for the millionth time. Pietro closed his eyes, taking a deep breath, trying really hard not to lock her up somewhere.

"When is ready, I'll say it. Why don't you go and sit there, would ya?" he said, not even glancing at her.

"What am I now, a dog?" growled, pushing him aside and sitting with him in the tiny chair of her desk. "Why is this taking so long?"

"Karielle, would you please shut the fuck up?" he snapped, finally looking at her, angry. The brunette rolled her eyes, keeping her mouth quiet. After a few more seconds, Pietro pushed himself away from the laptop, almost making her fall. "It's done."

"Finally!" she screamed as soon as she saw Jerome in the screen, pushing Pietro away, taking all over the chair and the laptop.

"You know, it's the second time in less than two hours I fell on your floor. Maybe I'm making my bed here now." he contemplated the idea, looking to her painted ceiling. Since Karielle's sister died, she took a love for painting. Just not on art boards. Everytime she missed her, she would made something. All her ceiling was covered of stars and infinite symbols. It's been almost five years since she started doing that, and she still hadn't stopped painting.

Some parts were too dark, so he couldn't define what it was. They were just big black undefined forms, and when he asked to her what were they, she would look away and say that they were the parts of her that the stars couldn't shine on it. Pietro never asked again.

"Oh, shit!" Karielle's voice brought he back from his own mind. Pietro sat, looking at her confusedly.

"What? What's happening?" he asked, getting up and ripping one of the ear plugs from her.

"What I don't know is why this man risked so much to help you." Detective Gordon said, looking straight up to the old man who was seated next to Jerome. Karielle was holding her breath and didn't even knew. "I think he's your father." Jim glanced at Jerome, waiting for an answer. The ginger giggled, nervously.

"You don't know what you're talking about. My father was a sea captain." the detective looked at his girlfriend, Lee, who was behind him.

"Am I wrong, Mr. Cicero?"