Plans (Part two)

It was almost dark when she went back to the trailer. It was the circus last night in Gotham, so she could see people walking next to the big tend, even if the show has already started hours ago. The smoke was going to be masked by the dark sky, and there was no more evidence of any of the clothes Jerome was wearing. When she entered the trailer, he was still in the shower.

"What are you doing in there, for fuck's sake? I've been gone for nearly an hour!" her voice was muffled by the door and the water.

"Blood doesn't go off as easy as you think." rolling her eyes at his answer, she pushed the door open.

"Fucking privacy, please?!"

"Go fuck yourself, Jerome, I'm smelling like smoke. I couldn't care less about your privacy." without even looking at him, she went straight to the sink, opening the faucet, letting the cold water run though her warm fingers, giving her comfort. Then she looked up. The mirror was blurry by the hot water, but she could still she a little. She didn't looked away when Jerome looked over his shoulder.

"What? Enjoying your private show?" he smirked.

"Nothing, is just that... You have blood in your ass." she tried to hold a laugh, until he actually looked, and she blew it, making him look at her with a bored face again. "You seriously have to stop believing everything I say to you!" Elle's laughed was louder than the sound of the water hitting the floor. She turned her back to him, ready to leave the bathroom and leave him alone again. Until she felt a hand grabbing her waist and pulling her backwards, feeling the water immediately collide with her skin.

"Son of a bitch!"

"True, but you didn't really thought I was letting you get out of here so easy, were you?" he asked, a funny look on his green blue eyes. Karielle pretended to think for a few seconds.

"Not in my plans."

"So..." Jerome started, leaving the white towel on the bed, by her side. "You're going home or going to stay for a while to enjoy the show when they find out the bitch is dead?"

"Didn't decided yet." she answered in a simple way, braiding the dark hair. "To be honest, I can't leave anyway. You did the favor to soak all my clothes."

"Oh, so you regret walking into the bathroom now?" he smiled, looking at her with such intensity that she could feel it burning her.

"Didn't say that..." she left the answer in the air, not really caring about what he was thinking. Her hair was soaking wet, as well as her clothes, but now she could do nothing about, just wait for them to dry. She was sitting on his bed, staring at the wall; blankly. Sometimes her mind just turned off, like a switch, and all she could do was stare at a wall doing nothing. She didn't had the energy. On the back of her mind she could hear the red-haired boy talking to her, but she couldn't focus on his voice. A knock on the trailer's door woke her up. They exchanged looks, while Karielle got out of bed carefully, wearing a shirt she had stolen from his closet, and a old jeans that belong to her, that somehow was on his closet too.

Jerome grabbed his coat, opening the door.

"GCPD. We need to speak with Lila." Karielle immediately recognized the man who spoke. Everytime she was in Pietro's house, he was there, talking to her friend's father. For all she knew, they were good friends. At his side, a woman was standing, curled up on her own coat, the wind messing her short dark hair. And by her side was a man she knew it worked on the circus, she just couldn't remember his name or who he was. Karielle mental analysis was all done by the timing of five seconds. A real prodigy.