Blondie

April 20, 1999

"Why do I need to go?" the blonde little girl asked, her face bored.

"Because I'm saying you need to." her sister said, adjusting the black jacket on her body, looking in the mirror. Karielle's face stayed the same, and Destinee sighed. "Look, if you want to get mad with someone, get mad with dad. He is the one who said I have to take you to my date. I'm not happy with this any more than you are."

The girl murmured something incomprehensible and got out of her sister bed, walking to her own room. She never liked the circus, and she certainly didn't want to spend her night basically locked in a room full of people with her sister and her 'at the time' boyfriend. But she didn't had a choice.

The place was so full that she could barely walk without bumping into someone. Her head was already in pain with all the voices around her, and her expression made clear how unhappy she was. Destinee and the third boyfriend in the year which she didn't knew the name yet were heading to the tend while she was behind them, trying hard not to be noticed.

Eventually, they found a seat and the show started. But it didn't take long to Elle get bored, and excuse herself to the toilet just to get out of that hell. She would actually be surprised if they notice she was gone until the end of the show.

"Mental note: pretend to be sick the next time." she said to herself, while walking on the empty parking lot. "Great. Just absolutely amazing. Best day ever. Thanks, dad!" her voice echoed on the hollow place when she realized she was lost. That was when she heard voices.

Not even caring if someone showed up and saw her, she followed the voices. It didn't took long for her to find the source. Trying not to be seen, she hid behind a trailer. Apparently, she was where all the people who worked on the show stayed on their free time. She got closer when she realized she couldn't understand what they we're saying yet.

"It's my birthday." a boy voice said, sobbing a little. Taking the risk to be caught, Elle put her head off of the protection of the trailer. "And my mom and the snake guy are beating me." A old man was standing next to a little boy that was sitting on the back of one of the trailers. Though it was dark there, she still could see all the bruises in his face. But what caught her attention was his flaming orange hair shining on the moonlight.

"This world doesn't care about you or anyone else, Jerome." the old man said, his voice bitter. "Better to realize that now." and then he walked away, leaving the boy with the red-hair with a confused mind and the girl with a angry heart. She waited a little, but before she could stop herself, her legs were already heading to were the boy was.

He didn't even notice her until she stopped by his side.

"The show is there, blondie." Jerome said, pointing the tend with his chin. Karielle choose to ignore him.

"His wrong, you know." Elle said, supporting her body on the trailer, her hands on her back, like always. "The world may not care, but some people do. They are not many, but they exist. You just have to be lucky enough to find one."

"Good luck with that then. Now leave?" he asked, still not looking at her. But if Karielle wanted something, she would get it.

"Not feeling like it." and with that, she finally sat by his side, which made him finally look at her.

"Why are you being so persistent?" he sighed, turning his face again when he saw she was staring at the cuts.

"Why are you being so mean?" she snapped. He looked at her again, his eyes with curiosity now. Jerome didn't answer, so she smiled. "I'm Elle. Karielle Ann, actually. But call me Elle."

"Hi Ann." he said. "I guess you already know my name since you like hearing other people talk."

"In my defense, I was lost." she argued, which surprisingly, made him laugh. The first time on the whole day, she showed a real smile. "Nice laugh."

"I know, right?" that one made her laugh. But it didn't stop from seeing him shake a little when one of his cuts burned.

"Want some help with that? My sister is studying medicine, so I know a few things." Elle offered, which made his face change in a second.

"I know how to take care of myself." he snapped.

"So why are you still sitting here?" she returned. He kept looking at her for a few seconds, deciding if he could trust her or not. Karielle got up, cleaning the dirt from her jeans. "I don't have much time, so if you prefer to stay in pain with your ego, go for it. See if I care, I'm just trying to be nice." she said, starting to walk away. But then a hand grabbed her ankle.

"If you promise to don't screw up with my face, it's okay." she smiled, but the smiled vanished before turning to him again.

"You have to get up so I can do that, you know, right?"

"You just don't shut up, do you?" he said, getting up, rolling his eyes.

"I like talking!" her voice tone got louder when he entered the trailer again to get all that she needed. A smile well hidden on her lips.

~/~

Soooooo... This was pretty fast lol I hope I did okay with Jerome personality, 'cause I'm really insecure about it. I don't have a opinion towards this chapter... It's just for everybody to know how they started. I really do hope everyone enjoyed it. This one is dedicated to everyone who read it and favorite the last chapter, but mostly, to the incredible psycho_cigarettes, that left AMAZING comments to me and I love her so much, she's amazing! Thank you, bby <3 This one if for you!

'Till next time, guys!

❄︎ Anna ❄︎