She frowned at my words, looking back at the road as she drove. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you think of last year", "it's fine. I don't want to think about it" I said looking down at my fingers.

She stayed quite turning on a different radio station that only played music.

But all that was on my mind right now was what If one of us gets brutally hurt. There isn't any hospitals or medical care we can go to for help, it's just a death situation there, unless we are extremely lucky.

I stoped my thoughts realizing the word 'lucky', that word just makes me think about last year, and let me say, the last purge, I was lucky, very lucky, and I'm so thankful to be alive right now, but not so thankful to be doing the purge again this year.

I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard Beth's voice. "We are here. We gotta hurry up" she said. I nodded my head walking out of the car, and sprinting towards the store.

It was more crowded in here then I ever expected it to be. I couldn't tell if people were just doing last minute shopping, or if they were waiting for the purge to begin so they could steal everything.

But that's an absolutely horrible idea for them considering they are most likely to die at the sirens.

"Eva, move" Beth almost shouted. I glanced over at her, and noticed I've just been standing here. Opps. "Sorry" I mumbled. I ran over to her, and grabbed a cart to put the food in.

"We totally need this" she said grabbing a 30 drink package of blue and red Gatorade. She put it in our cart, and walked past the water. I rolled my eyes, and grabbed a package of water and put it in the cart.

"We need proper things Beth" I said catching up to her. "Gatorade is proper" she said In a duh tone. "Whatever" I mumbled.

I grabbed a few more different types of drinks, and walked over to the food sections. As I started pushing the cart quickly Beth started throwing different types of things into the cart that looked interesting.

"Beth grab tha-, I'm so sorry" I said quickly as I bumped into somebody. He glanced at me quickly, rolling his eyes annoyed. "Just watch where you fucking going"

"Cameron, stop being an asshole, and I'm sorry about him, he's just frustrated, and naturally an asshole" the guy said walking up to me. "It's fine, I could understand " I chuckled. "I'm Beth" she said running up to the blue eyed guy who I was talking to.

"Beth" I mumbled. She glanced at me and smiled. "What" she mumbled back. The blue eyed guy laughed at the both of us, glancing over at his friend. "I'm Nash, and that asshole is Cameron" he said with a smile.

"It's nice to meet you" Beth said going closer to him. I rolled my eyes, groaning a bit. "Alright, nice to meet you but we gotta go home before the purge starts" I said grabbing Beth's arm. "Ugh, do you guys wanna come with us?" She asked Nash.

"Beth" I mumbled. "No, we don't. We have somewhere else we have to be" Cameron said frustrated and rudely.

Thank the lord

"Great, now lets go" I said grabbing Beth's hand. "Wait, maybe you guys can come with us, you seem nice enough" Nash said. My eyes widened at his words noticing how crazy that idea sounded. I don't trust these people. Well mostly Cameron, he seem suspicious.

"No" me and Cameron said at the same time. "Yes" Beth said with a smile. Nash smile back at her and winked a bit. Ew. "Beth, hell to the fucking no, now lets go. We have an 1 and 42 minutes until the sirens go on, and the purge begins"

"Come on, we can trust them" she said checking out Nash. "Beth, don't make me slap you. Let's go" I now shouted. Everyone around us glanced over at us rolling their eyes. "Fine" she said bumping my shoulder while walking past me.

"Nice meeting you two" I said sarcastically as I ran after Beth with the cart. As I caught up to her I grabbed her arm and spun her around so she was facing me.

"Beth, we can't trust anyone. Even if they're hot guys in the process"

She crossed her arms tapping her foot repeatedly on the ground while staring at the two guys from across. "You're right" she said walking up to the cashier. "Good" I mumbled.

I followed behind her towards the cashier, placing the food protects on top so the lady could scan it. "It's 6:26 if you're wondering" the lady said while scanning our food. "We gotta hurry up Beth, we have less then an hour" I said looking over at her.

She swallowed her spit in he mouth nodding her head nervously. "You said you promise that we will be fine when we were home. Were you lying" she asked while glancing at me. "I promised didn't I", she nodded her head looking outside the Stores huge window, that had the purgers laughing their ass off while waving their knifes and guns everywhere.

"Then we will be fine" I mumbled. "It's free on the house dears, just get home" the lady said handing us our bags. "Thank you so much" me and Beth said. She smiled at us while nodding her head.

"Common" I mumbled to Beth. She nodded her head starting to run out of the store. I followed After her to see purgers staring at us with smirks on their faces. They looked as if they were tempted to just kill us right now.

I stared at them biting my lip a bit tempted to say something to them. But I know I shouldn't, it would make them want to follow us, and try to kill us more. Well mostly me since I'm the one going to speak.

"Watch out" Beth screamed. Before I could glance over at her I felt my body slam on to the ground with someone on top of me. I screamed in terror opening my eyes to see a man with a mask on top of me holding a knife in his hand.

I felt as if I couldn't move or do anything, I was to scared for my life. I closed my eyes shut taking a deep breath.

He can't kill you Eva, the purge hasn't started yet. You still have an hour to get home and be safe.

I opened my eyes, moving my head over to see Beth with her hands in her face. "Beth its fine" I shouted to her. The man chuckled at my words, moving my face so I was looking up at him. "Fine? How do you know I won't kill you" he said moving closer to me.

"Because you won't" I whispered with a smirk. "Oh, I won't kill you now, but I will kill you" he said now laughing his ass off. I licked my lips nodding my head. "I like to see you try" I said with a smirk. "Whoa, I like you. You have such a sassy mouth for such a small girl like you"

"Oh and I don't like you At all asshole" I said with a smile. He nodded his head standing up so he was off me. I stood up right away as I was released and looked around to see all the purgers around us making a circle.

I swallowed the pit in my throat realizing I shouldn't have talked like that to him. Where did all that come from? I'm such a confusing human being.

I shook my head, running past everyone, and towards Beth who looked scared. "Are you okay? I'm so so, so sorry I didn't help, I just froze" she said quickly. "It's fine, I would've been scared to"

She nodded her head grabbing my arm to see a scratch. "It's bleeding" she said. "It's fine Beth, let's just go"

She nodded her head again and walked into her car. I walked In after her, putting on my seat belt, and locking the door next to me for safety.

"Lets go" she mumbled.