The Adonis

"Damn boi! Are you even in there?" Angie has been relentless in trying to get my attention. Everybody has been adamant in getting the information on where I was yesterday. My answers have never been so believable to say the least.

"Can you just.... quit it?" I swatted her hand away when she tried to flick my nose.

"Seth! You haven't answered me yet! Where the hell have you been?" Anna has been spamming my inbox since yesterday. Asking me where I was. She basically tackled me to the ground as soon as I got out of Raven's car.

"I wasn't feeling well." I say shrugging.

"I call BS!" Angie jumps on my back without any warning. Sending both of us to the floor. Yeah I'm not that strong and I may have some weird affinity with the floor, but even the pain that was starting to throb on my arm couldn't pull me out of my current state.

It feels so...surreal. I had walked these very same halls yesterday. It was cold, empty and....hellish. What the hell is going on?

"Can you not tackle my boyfriend like that." I look up to see Raven holding out his hand with worry in his eyes. I smile at him and held unto his hand for support.

"What!?" Anna and Angie exclaim in unison.

I ignore them and give Raven a loving kiss on his lips which he gladly reciprocate with a more passionate one. I'm surprised they neglected the fact that I arrived in Raven's car.

"W-when? How? Why?" Angie blurts out while Anna just looks between me and Raven while weirdly flailing her arms.

"What do you mean 'why'? I narrow my eyes at her.

"Nothing! I mean I didn't think you were into skater boys." Angie puts her hand in surrender.

"Omg! You just kissed him! In the hallway! At school! In public!" Anna whisper yells as she glances around. I could see heavy stares and shocked faces around me. Some were smiling, some were whispering, others were snickering and the rest didn't care at all.

"Oh yeah. I did. Let them watch." I shrug.

"Oh sweet boy! Are you going to-"

"There isn't going to be any grand gestures relating to my sexual preferences" I cut her off before she could say anything else.

I'm tired of hiding behind people's shadows. I'm tired of hiding behind my fake facade. I'm tired of hiding, period. I like Raven so I'm going to show the world that I fucking do.

"But I thought these things were part of the" Anna inquires.

"Well I'm not going to broadcast it like a soap commercial if that's what you mean. I don't think that I have to come out you know. Straight people don't actually come out saying they're straight."

Arms wrap around my waist surprising me in the process. I turn and meet Raven's warm smile, glowing against the frigid and judgmental atmosphere.

"Mi Amor"Raven's words get muffled as he nuzzles my neck. The vibration of his lips as he whisper sweetly against my sensitive neck sends me into a giggle fit.

"Sheeez, get a room you two" Anna shook her head at our little PDA in the hallway while Angie was fangirling over us.

Hearing the bell, we went our separate ways and headed to our classes. Anna headed for the stairs while Raven went into the science lab. Angie and I have history class together.

As we came near the door, I felt a presence behind me. I turn around to see the empty hallway.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Angie pauses before opening the door.

"Nothing. lets go." Angie eyes the hallway and back at me weirdly before proceeding to enter the classroom.

I walked towards my seat on the third row, near the window and sat down with a flop. Across the room I happen to see Rusty staring heavily at me, I averted my gaze and focused my attention on my book.

"Seth?" Angie whispers to me

"Hmm?"

"Why is Rusty staring at you like he wants to murder you?"

"Beats me." I say as I roll my eyes at Rusty. I guess not everyone knew what happened on Monday's afternoon beat down.

The bell rang loud, signaling the end of first period. I gathered my things lazily without a care in the world seeing that everyone had already rushed out of the classroom. Angie had to go ahead, saying something about a project she had to finish. I wasn't in a hurry, my next class was chemistry and we were suppose to work in pairs. Now I like chemistry, its a pretty fantastic subject. I just wish I could say the same thing about my partner.

I was left with my own thoughts walking towards my next class in a daze. Passing strangers in the hallway got me thinking about how strange people's lives really are. I mean, in a way they seem to work. These people are background characters in my life just as how I am to theirs. Its oddly fascinating when you try thinking about it.

As I walk along the hallway, I begin to realize how cliche the people here really are. The star athlete and his gorilla sized teammates. The all knowing Brainiacs, the highly presumptuous popular group...

"OMG! have you seen the transfer student? He is so hot!"

And of course, the gossip machines. That's just half of the population that makeup this ecosystem. The school is starting to resemble a zoo. Different types people and their crowd and yet I don't think I belong to any of them.

"Like totally! He has this bad boy vibe. It makes me wanna jump on him and make him moan!"

"OMG Brittany! As if!"

Oh boy, can't these people control their hormones? That's so gross! I feel sorry for who ever this new kid is.

Rounding a corner I slam into someone really hard knocking the books I had to the floor. I apologize right away to the stranger while picking my books from the floor.

What is it with me and the floors?

"I'm really sorry. I hope I..." I lost the ability to talk when I see the person who I bumped into. He is gorgeous! From his chiseled jawline to his long muscular legs. He is a sight to behold! An Adonis!

The way his white shirt clings to his muscular torso is enough to make everyone swoon, his black hair is tousled like he had just woken up and his jeans hug his muscular legs like skin, he's not even wearing tight skinny jeans! He's to muscular and toned for a high school student. If I didn't know any better, I'd say he is a Calvin Klein model. But what I find striking the most are his eyes. They appear to be a golden sort of red? I blink my eyes a couple of times. I must be seeing things? I look at him again and...whoa! they are! It makes him look ethereal.

It feels like I'm floating in a sea of red. The more I stare into them, the more I feel lost and...afraid.

A chill runs down my spine, breaking the trance I was in.

"I-I'm sorry, Y-you must be the t-transfer." I smile at him awkwardly.

He doesn't say anything though. He just gave me the coldest look ever. He brushes past me, hitting my shoulder hard making me drop my books again.

What a jerk! I shake my head in disappointment. What a shame.

Picking up my books I sigh deeply. Looks like there's a new jerk in town.