Silent Snow

"Its snowing!" I whispered to myself. Staring out of the window, I see the little flakes floating along the crisp, cool air . I got out of bed and gazed out upon the pristine white blanket that enveloped the world.

I took off to start the day in this white wonderland. I love winter as much as summer, it always brought a sense of nostalgia that covered me like a snug sweater of love.

I ran around my room like a whirlwind. Putting on a red sweater to go with my black skinnies and black boots, I ran towards my sister's room and knocked on her door. She loves to play in the snow with me, so I thought she'd be excited about it. When she didn't answer, I decided to peek inside. "Hmm, she's not here." I close the door and crossed my arms.

"I wonder if she's already outside? She must've woken up before I did." I continued on and walked towards the stairs. The house seems a little too quiet today.

"Hey, good morning?" I said as I walked into an empty kitchen. The lights were out while stoves and burners sat cold. Everything was in place, no used dishes, no scraps or spills. The sink itself was even dry, like it hadn't been used yet.

I stood there in the middle of the room, its white marble counter tops spotless and cold. The room felt cold. In any given day, this would have been the epicenter for chaos.

The morning rush would have turned this particular space into a battle ground. Among the cacophony, the machines that give every day convenience would have destroyed any form of hearing with the added mindless chatter that everyone engaged in, and yet nothing but the sound of my own breath echoed against the walls.

"That's odd." I strut toward my father's home office to see if he was already working. Perhaps everybody skipped breakfast today? But its only 6:00 its still too early.

I knock on the door and when I hear no answer I let myself in. It was empty. Everything was still where they should be. Books lined the numerous bookshelves, papers were stacked neatly on the desk, even the blinds were put up. I started to have this awful feeling like I was missing something. I pushed it aside and tried to look some more, there's only a couple of places they could be.

I rushed out of dad's office and went back up towards the bedrooms. I ran up the stairs and head directly towards my parent's bedroom. This time I went right in.

Nothing!

Everything was neat, the bed was made up, their belonging were in place, nothing but the silence. I checked the bathrooms and the closets and they all were negative of any human presence.

I rushed out and head to the direction of my brother's bedroom. "Damian?" I opened his door and saw it empty.

All bedrooms were empty. Where could they be? Its not like them to just leave without so much as a note. I better call them. I ran towards my room and got my phone from my desk. I went to my phone book to call them.

"What?!" I stood there, in shock. I couldn't understand. My contact were missing! All of them! I scrolled up and down to no avail. I checked my messaging app and it was a dead end. I tried restarting my phone over and over again, nothing was working. It was as if someone wiped all the information from my phone! Feeling deflated I collapsed unto the floor. "Where is everybody?"

A blast of cold air came blowing through my window, I shivered as its icy wind tickled my nape. "Shit that's cold!" I say under my breath.

"Had I left it open?" I stared at it not knowing what to do. "Its still snowing" I thought. I walked over to close it. As I was reaching for the handle I saw a figure walking out towards the gates.