Sweet

-ding! The Bell rang inside the ice cream parlor as we entered. It smelled like vanilla and chocolate.

"Oh! Yum! I'm in ice cream heaven!" I exclaimed loudly. Raven chuckled as I skipped my way towards the counter.

"Good afternoon sir! Welcome to frosty's frostbites, may I take your order?" Asked the bubbly sales girl with pink hair.

"I'll have the cotton candy swirl please!" I turn to Raven for his order, "what will you have?"

"I'll have the cookies and cream" he says with a smile.

We got our ice cream and sat at the last booth. The place is so pretty with its mint green walls and white furniture. The ambiance was perfect.

"Mmmn, this is so good" I commented as I took a spoon full of the frozen delight into my mouth. I don't really get brain freeze when I eat ice cream, I consider it a gift.

Raven was gazing at me silently. His eyes were sparkling with delight as he slowly ate his frozen treat.  I was blushing and eating my ice cream awkwardly. I glanced at everything from inside and outside the store except him. There's something about this boy that I don't get, but whatever it is, its giving me butterflies.

I fake a cough to break the awkward silence and he sort of snapped out of his little trance.

"Can you like, not stare at me like that." I demanded "please." I have manners too, Except for the dude in front of me that likes to stare at people's faces.

"I can't help it, you have pretty eyes" he grinned at me showing his pearly whites.

I looked away determined to hide the tinge of red that was so evident on my face. I couldn't help but smile. Why was he so nice? I shouldn't be doing this again, the memories of Josh were still to fresh. I can't fall for every guy that acts so sweet and kind. Josh was sweet when I met him, but then he turns out to be a grade A mother fucking ass hat!

Maybe he's genuinely nice and just wants to be friends? Yeah, just...friends.

"So why are you all alone?" He inquires out of no where. Quite so suddenly that I don't even have time to comprehend his question.

"Uh...what"

He  leans  forward and repeats his question "Why are you alone?"

I stare at him for a moment.

"I don't follow. What do you mean? You're here with me." I frown at him. Okay I admit that I may not be the sharpest individual all the time.

" where are your friends? I never see you without them. They are like these puppies that follow you around."

"Oh. Them." I shrug as I continue to savor the ice cream with a satisfied hum. "Wait, we go to the same school?" I realize this now and can't help but feel the slightest excitement bubbling in me. How can I be so dense sometimes?

"Yeah, I see you all the time. Anyway  back to my question, where are they?" I stare at him and ignore his question again. I refuse to say anything.

I was slowly getting annoyed by the constant question about my friends. Why do people always tend to think that I follow them around? Raven races his brows and stares at me expectantly, waiting for my answer.

"In their underwear! Gosh I don't know! I'm not their keeper! Leave me alone, I'm trying to eat my cotton candy swirl."

He chuckles at me and grabs my cheeks. "I'm sorry, I'm sure it irks you that people ask about them and completely forgetting that you're standing right in front of them." I try to pull back, but he won't let me.

"Damn you're so fucking cute when you're mad" I blush so hard that I think all of the blood in my body rushed into my face.

"can I take you out?" he lets go of my face and smiles warmly at me. Shit.

"We already are." I stated as I scooped-up the remaining ice cream that was melting in the bottom of my cup.

He frowns at me and I stick out my tongue. "Haha, are you okay?" I ask.

He frowns even more and I just can't resist teasing him. Its hilarious, he's really cute when he's annoyed.

I chuckle and glanced at the time on my phone. Wow, I haven't noticed how long I've been out. Its already six-thirty, I start to stand and glance at the darkening streets "I think its time for me to go."

"So soon? Can we at least hang out a little more? He says while standing up as well.

"I've been gone for four hours, my parents are expecting me to come before seven"  I move to give him a hug when I see a dark figure standing across the street. I can tell that its a man, but from inside its hard to see what he looks like.

Raven closes the distance and hugs me, making me look at him.

"See you tomorrow, yeah?" I said.

"You can count on that" he replies, kissing my cheek.

I blush and smile at him. We walk towards the door with him having his arm around me. This was a really nice afternoon and I can't believe how it all started.

The air was freezing when we stepped out of the ice cream parlor, I shivered as the wind blew a breeze that danced around my nape. I looked around to see who the figure was, but there was no one in sight. I decided to ignore it and focus on the current predicament.

"Shit its cold!" I gritted my teeth.

"Do you need a lift?" Raven hugging me fully now. Was he not cold? He was wearing thin clothing.

"Honestly, that would be wonderful right now."

"Follow me, I'm parked near here" he said.

I followed him towards the park's parking lot. He took out his car keys and pressed the unlock button. His car lit up and we entered it, relieved for its heating system.

We drove off to the direction of my house. It turns out, we lived in the same gated community. His house was a few doors down actually. Imagine that! And I have never noticed him before. He already knew where I lived, saying that he sees me everyday.

He turned his car off as we arrived in front of the my house.

"I never thought the day would come when I'd finally be able to hangout with you" he says with sentiment.

"You know, you could've asked." I replied giving him a deadpan look.

"Would you talk to me? You're the "get the hell away from me" kinda guy" he says flatly.

"You're right! I wouldn't" I laugh at how true his statement was.

"Now get out before I decide to take you home with me" threatening me before laughing.

"Haha! Wouldn't want that to happen now, do we?" I say as I hop out of the warm car and into the blistering winds. I ran across the long driveway and waited at the door. I wave at him as I entered the house. He left shortly after making sure I got in. I closed the door with a sigh.

"Seth? Is that you?" Called my mother.

"Yeah"

"Come on, time for dinner, were having chicken milanaise"

At that my stomach growled loudly, enough for my mother to hear. She laughed at me as I walked into the dinning room.

Yeah, this day turned out nicely than expected.