Family feud

I rolled around in my sheets as the sun slowly crawled up into the horizon. I felt a whole lot better after a tub of ice cream, a box of pizza and a roll of Oreos, warm milk and a long night's sleep.

After that agonizing day at the mall I thought I'd never pull myself out of that black void of despair, luckily Angie had somehow tied a safety harness around me and pulled my pathetic shattered self out.

She had stayed the night, but I can no longer feel her presence in my room.
I glanced around and saw a note on my night stand. Its handwriting unmistakable-

"got to go. Sending parental figures off to the airport. See you later princess! -A"

I rolled my eyes at her note, she watches too much pretty little liars.
Now that I mention it, she could be a very interesting "A", She'd be good at it too! She was conniving, scheming and evil. I laugh at my thoughts of her going around town wearing a red coat and leather gloves harassing teenagers.

I shake my head at that. If there was an A here in our town it would be my sister. That girl is scary when you she wants to be.

I sigh deeply and stare at the brightening sky through my window.

Its Sunday, that means its church day. On this day of the week, just like any good christian family would do, we attend the mass at the local church. My parents are devout Catholics which is why I haven't gotten around to tell them about my sexuality. If I had, they would probably strung me up next to Christ on the altar.

They don't really scream homophobia but I can see it in their eyes. That disgust look they give. Its jarring and sad, to think they would actually throw me out. That's why I'm grateful that me and my siblings have come to an understanding to be more accepting and open. I know they would always have my back when everything is going to turn upside down.

I remembered when my dad saw me playing with my sister's doll house when I was little. I was just fascinated with the idea of a miniature house and I wanted to see all the little things in it. My dad assumed I was playing with it; and in general, playing with dolls. He didn't like the idea of me near it so he scolded me saying 'doll houses are for girls!' Then he dragged me out of her room and pushed me in mine. I stayed on the floor and stared at the door he slammed close, I stayed there not wanting to do anything afraid of upsetting him more.

Then there was the time my sister wanted me to play 'tea party' with her. How could I refuse to her cute pleading eyes? so I said yes right away. My dad came by and glared at me, I stood immediately and apologized to her saying I had to do my homework.

Every ounce of relation me and my father had was dwindling fast. It was like an ice sculpture left out on a hot sunny day. I tried my best to make him be proud of me, but I could never do it. I was always a failure.

The last straw was during summer after third grade, I had pleaded my dad to help me build a tree house, I would've asked Damian to help me but he was away on summer camp.

------------flash back----------
I was on the floor in the living room drawing sketches of tree forts and houses, I always wanted one and I thought It was a good time to make it as a summer project with my dad. I stood up and marveled at my masterpiece.

"time to show this to dad" I smiled to myself and skipped to look for my father.

My dad was hanging out with my uncle near the grill and they were just talking about sports. Just being the eager beaver that I am, I approached him for the fifth time and said

"dad, please can we build a tree fort ? Please? Please?" I looked up at him and showed the picture.

He looked at me and growled "why can't you do it on your own?!"