Eyes

I sort of felt it after my phone went dead after draining it from listening to all of my playlist. I shouldn't have done that though.

That feeling you get when someone or something is staring at you, observing your every movement.
Like when a predator is calculating its movements to strike its prey. I felt exposed and vulnerable, the setting wasn't helping either. The fog was only up to my knees, but it meant that I couldn't really see what was on the ground. There could be snakes here!

I couldn't take it anymore so I walked slowly trying to pretend that I wasn't at all afraid of what was lurking behind the bushes or under the mist or fog.

My pace became faster and faster, my instincts told me to run since I could hear something behind me moving through the vegetation.

The night was eerily quiet not even the crickets were making their chirping sounds that littered the night. The air was still, almost like nature itself was holding its breath.

It made it easier to hear the branches and twigs were crunching, the problem was that I wasn't making those noises.

I wasn't sure if I was hearing things or not. Maybe the silence was getting to me. It could just be a harmless deer, so I decided to stop. I also needed to catch my breath since I wasn't very athletic at all.

I debated with myself and tried to gather my wits so I could turn around to prove to myself that there was nothing there; that it was clearly all in my head, that I was just tired and upset about what happened earlier.

So I turn around.... slowly.
Big mistake.

Instantly my blood went cold and my eyes went wide in terror as it stood there staring at me with glowing ember like eyes.

The pupils were tiny and seem to pierce you like iron spears impaling you, it grinned at me showing off its sharp teeth.

We stayed like that for three minutes, staring at each other.

"shit! Shit shit !" I whisper say.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It couldn't be real! It can't!

For the second time today, I ran. I ran as fast as my pathetic legs could go. I ran for my life. I sprinted like crazy only focusing my senses ahead of me. Just trying to get the hell away from whatever that was.

I felt something grab on to the hood of my hoodie but failed. I ran until I could see the streets lights from up ahead, their familiar yellow light brought a feeling of home and safety.

I jump and went flying out of the forest and into the sidewalk slamming into someone really hard.

"Ugh...aaAah! Hey! What the hell is wrong with yah?!....Seth?!"

I was still too shaken up on what had happened that I barely gave the person any attention.

What the hell was that?!

"Hello are you there? Earth to Seth?" waving his hand in front of me I snapped out of it. Grabbing my attention, it was my friend Rusty.

It seems I caught...no, slammed into him just as he was on his scheduled jog from the gym.

"huh? Oh ... hey , um... o my gosh did y...? d..did y-you just s-see t-hat?" I was panting and speaking incoherent words as I stared out into the dark forest looking for it.

"Are you okay? You look like you just seen a ghost" he asked with a worried look.

I wasn't sure if I should tell him or that he would even believe me if I did for that matter, so I lied.

"Um no, a d-dog was chasing me... it..er... must've been someone's pet that got out" I said weakly.

Rusty knew I had this huge dog phobia and that I couldn't stand within five feet of it. Like literally I would faint at the sight of one.

He as a dog lover and a good friend to me, went to the extremes to help me cope with it. Sadly it wasn't enough. He tried getting me a dog of my own, tried to take me to a pet shop but I ended up crying and holding onto a tree. I love cats though! I have one at home and he's just the cutest little thing ever!

"In that case do you want me to walk you home?" He asked with a protective look.

"No, I'm okay. I'll live" I smiled while a blush found its way to my face. Damn why now?

"I'll do it anyway, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if something happened to you"

I felt hot and I swear my face was redder than a tomato.

He wasn't going to let this go so I agreed, and honestly I was still shaken up by that thing in the woods. What was it? I question my self.

"what was what?" I looked up at him( yeah he's actually taller than me and he is hot!) confusion on my face, then I realize that I actually said it loud enough that he could hear.

"oh... um nothing, I was trying to remember the title of that new song I heard" I mentally face-palmed. I am such a spaz.

"Uh-huh" raising an eyebrow and looking skeptical at me.

I always loved it when he'd make cute faces at me. Sometimes I wondered about him, but he was one of the most homophobic person i know.

There are times that I wanted to tell him about my sexuality, but I was too scared of what he'd do to me. I started thinking of bad things that I would probably enjoy. I mentally kicked my brain back to staying in line.

Sometimes I'd compare him to Jacob from twilight. He'd actually fit as a werewolf or something. Shane could be Edward because he's pale and has a vampiric way of sucking a girl's face. I wanted to kill him so bad right now.

With my unlikely relationship with them, I'm the awkward emo in the middle. The emo that apparently is too off to be worthy of being with the two princes.

The three of us are actually so close that it was rare to see only one or two of us at a time. I guess I was the duff. Sometimes people would ignore me and only talk to the two of them. I don't really know why and I don't really care. Its just upsetting sometimes when I get pushed into the shadows and they would end up forgetting about me. I'm not complaining because I don't like all that attention. I can actually stand on my own, I have other friends and not just them. I wish they didn't treat me like an inanimate object at times. Its ironic and sad that they would always come running back to me in time of need. I didn't want to be that friend, I'd feel used. Me being a hopeless romantic wishes that he'd see me as something more. In turn he would do something overly sweet and that's why I grew attached to him, he gave me hope.