Date part 2

Seth' pov

Have you ever experienced that moment where everything is in slow motion and you're able to see how things will end up, but completely helpless to do anything about it?

Well, apparently I'm in that moment now. Its a train wreck waiting to happen.

I can't seem to erase this gut feeling of things going wrong, but strangely enough I'm excited about  it.

This feels so surreal like walking in a dreams cape, seeing things but unable to fully grasp its existence.

I'm about to go on a date with this fine specimen of man. Now said specimen was formerly homophobic to the point of me actually wanting to kill him sometimes-------which I never really could.

Knowing he bats for the other team now is somewhat overly surprising and suspicious.

Which brings me back to my current bothered, nervous state. I just don't feel really good or bad (surprisingly).

Its like having millions of butterflies in my stomach, then the butterflies decide to have a house party with a colony of  bees. Oh joy! Now I completely feel horrible and disgusted. I should just probably cancel and have a rain check. He'll probably still talk to me after a couple of days, right?

The doorbell still echoing around  the quiet house. I never picked a much better time to appreciate its lovely sound.

I was too caught up in my daze that I fail to notice the hand on my shoulder, and then he speaks.

"Aren't you going to answer that? Or have you forgotten how to open a door?"

I  jumped in fright and turned around so fast I got whip lash.

"O MY GLOB!" I exclaimed silently but full of fear and annoyance " you scared me! What the hell?!"

" well you're one to talk. I passed here a few seconds ago to return with you still standing there with your hand on the knob and staring at the door like it grew a face on it." My brother said with concern.

" you haven't moved an inch and the door bell hasn't stopped ringing. You were starting to worry me, I thought you have finally lost it."

I scoffed at him unable to say or do anything with the doorbell still chiming in.

I sigh and opened the door revealing my very handsome date. I couldn't take my eyes off him.

He wore a red shirt that hugged his torso like it was his second skin. My eyes go down to his long muscular legs in those slim fit jeans. He was perfect.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer" Rusty says with a smirk and mischief in his eyes.

I scoffed at him and rolled my eyes. I turned to my brother and told him I'd be back at 1:00. He shook his head and gave me a worried look but smiled anyway.

"Keep him safe, have him home at exactly midnight, be late and I'll hunt you down myself." My brother gave   Rusty a warning look.

"Yes sir!" Rusty shook under my brother's gaze.

I walked past him and towards his red pickup truck.

The night was a bit chilly so I pivoted back towards the house really quick, but before I could do it all the way, i slammed into a hard chest. Looking up I realized I ran into my brother.

"Here, its going to be cold out and I know how forgetful you can be". My brother says while giving me  my jacket.

"Thanks, I'll see you later" I gave him a hug.