Chapter 49

Office

The office staff were gossiping about yesterday's party, especially the girls who made a circle around the table in cafeteria.

"Hey, you've heard the latest news about the boss?" asked one of the girls.

"Yeah, I heard boss was with Madam S last night. I even heard they were engaged few years ago." replied the other one.

"You think that they..." Just then they found Teresa listening to their conversation with much interest.

"Continue, don't mind me." Teresa smiled at them.

"We're so sorry, mam." They got up and bowed.

"It's okay, but can you tell me what exactly you guys were gossiping about? Kinda got my interest." Teresa pulled a chair and she asked them to sit too.

"No nothing really." The girls replied.

"Come on I won't tell anyone I swear! I'll even treat you guys, so what about last night? Ryouma was with whom?"

Few minutes later

"If he was with Sara, why did he have to lie to me? It's not like I was going to do anything if he told the truth, I need to talk to him." She nodded and went to her husband's cabin.

"Hey husband." She entered his cabin but he was about to go somewhere. "Are you going somewhere?"

"Yeah, important work, gotta go." He smiled.

"Oh, something that I can help with?" She asked with concern.

"Nah, can manage it. But our date is on, okay? I may not be able to pick you up but be there, yeah? Bye, see you." He hugged her.

"Okay, best of luck for whatever it is." She hugged back.

"Yeah thanks, but be there for lunch okay? Sharp 1 pm. It's really important." He reminded her.

She nodded.

"What's this important talk about? on which he's so flustered since last night?" She thought. "Oh no, I didn't get to ask him about Sara. I hope she is not in some kind of a trouble, I'll just ask her anyway." She muttered and went searching for Sara.

"Hey, have you seen Sara anywhere?" she asked one of the staff.

"No mam." He replied.

"Okay thanks. continue your work." She smiled. "She did come to work, where did she go?" She thought for a minute then something strike her mind, "Sam must know about his wife." She smiled to herself and entered Sam's cabin.

"Hey Sam, you know where Sara is?" She asked.

"Why would I know? Nowadays she's been into her own world." Sam rolled his eyes.

"Is something wrong? Everything okay between you and Sara?" She asked with concern.

"Teresa, I'm sorry but I'm busy right now, can we talk later?" He replied in a rude manner.

"Okay."

"What's with him? Something is wrong. I don't remember him being that rude. He was always a sweet guy." She sighed. "Where to find Sara?" She bit her nails. "What was her name again? Our office's gossip queen? Merina? Maybe she has seen her."

"Hey, have you seen Sara?" Teresa asked the girl.

"Yeah she went out with boss few minutes ago." The girl replied.

"Boss? Ryouma?" Teresa frowned.

"Yeah mam." The girl answered.

"okay thanks." Teresa was now getting more suspicious of her husband.