Wolf Trainer- Chapter 14

Chapter 14: Lies?

"These hunters are really getting annoying!" Anjoo announced at our break.

"What human doesn't to a wolf anymore?" I sighed.

"You," Inja slightly smiled.

"You know what I meant," I smiled back.

"We can't keep stopping so much, we need to travel farther in a day than this. If possible, we need to get away from all these hunting paths by tonight. I'm sure we have plenty of time today to get well away from here." Sarah spoke with confidence.

"I agree," I said. "When we find a more silent town, I'll turn human and go buy some things. Like a map and a bag to put it in of course."

"That would be nice, then we'd at least now where we can go." Luna added.

"Let's get a move on then," Sarah proceeded to walk. Anjoo stood by her side with Inja and I behind them. Next was Luna and Urane, who seem to be starting a relationship, and Dioski, Kuteen, Yolur, and Fomanii close behind the new love-birds.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

We all kept walking well past midnight. Once we started to see the sun waking up, we found ourselves a place to sleep. Finally, we were away from all the hunting trails. Though, from all the travel, we were tired and hungry. Before leaving out to hunt, we all decided we'd sleep for an hour or so. Unfortunately, we all slept a lot longer than that due to little sleep the days before had brought us.

"Inja, wake up. We've all slept late. Come on, we need to get back to hunting. I smell fresh prey around, all the others are already out hunting." I whispered to Inja, trying to get him to budge awake.

He moaned a couple of times and stretched while he stood up. After about two minutes, he was up and yawning twice a minute. Once he stopped his yawning fest, we both laughed at the awkward moment and went on our way to hunting.

"I smell... I'd say at least three different flesh around here. Which would you rather eat, rabbit, deer, or squirrel?" Inja asked.

"Deer... Man, do I miss that deer we caught yesterday. It was sooo delicious!" I whined.

"Looks like we will have to stick with the regular White-Tailed Deer this time though." Inja confirmed after a long sniff.

Both of us took off running after the deer scent that at every second of running, was growing stronger and clearer.

"It's close now," Inja half-way whispered to me.

"You get the neck again, I will stick to the back legs. Okay?"

"That'll work," He agreed.

Snap! Crunch! After a few more moments of running and fighting with the deer, it's heart had took it's last beat.

"Great job, to the both of us," Inja smiled.

"Yup," I agreed. "We better get this back to the pack now, for eating."

Inja nodded as he grabbed the neck area and threw it over his back. I did the same, except near the back legs. We got it back to the pack's site without getting harmed. Neither of us could see or smell a human or a hunting track nearby. Thank goodness, I thought.

Luna and Urane each ate a rabbit that they had caught together. Sarah, Anjoo, Dioski, and Kuteen ate a fat, male deer. The male deer was humongous! It was so large that all four of them couldn't even eat it all before they were full. Yolur ate a squirrel, and so did Fomanii. Though, Yolur had caught both of them. And of course, Inja and I ate the deer we had caught. After we were full, there was still some meat left on the deer, which Fomanii and Yolur slightly nibbled on.

After we had all gotten full, we slowly walked on to another site. We traveled to the end of one side of the forest, which led to the most beautiful meadow any of us had ever laid eyes on!

"This place is so... so..." Fomanii began.

"So magnificent! Beautiful! Lovely! Amazing! Anything good you can possible say about it!" I shouted, running off into the flowery meadow. As I ran off, the whole pack split up and ran in different directions.

After just running around, we all started playing games. We played tag mostly. Soon, all of us had grown tired and paired off with one another. Inja and I laid down for a nap in a very overgrown area. Sarah and Anjoo went under the shade, which a large Weeping Willow offered them. Luna and Urane traveled far, all the way to the other end of the meadow. They were out of sight and hearing, which they liked. Both of them insisted on being alone for a bit. Dioski, Kuteen, Fomanii, and Yolur separated their own ways to find nice patches of grass.

We all were either taking a nap, or talking silently about anything we could think of. The beautiful meadow was silent and comfortable, which held peace and love.

"Samantha," Inja whispered after I laid my head down.

"Yea, what is it?" I asked, shifting my head to face him.

"I love you," He muzzled my ear.

I smiled and added, "I love you too."

"I'm glad you do."

"Well, why wouldn't I?"

"I don't know, because you're human." Inja shrugged.

"I have the ability to be both though," I said. He turned his head to look straight out into the meadow. "...Inja..."

He let out a short, quite sigh. "I... We... Haven't been completely truthful to you."

"We?"

"My pack, my pack and I haven't been completely truthful towards you and Anjoo." He kept his head straight ahead.

"...How?" My ears were shoved forward and my thoughts were racing. What is he talking about? Could his pack be evil? Or have evil intentions? Could it be that everything, literally, has been lies? What is going on, and what is about to happen?!

"My pack... I... I don't know how to tell you." Inja lowered his head.

"You and your pack aren't here to kill Anjoo and I are you?" The words tumbled from my mouth.

"NO!" Inja yelped. "I'd never! Why'd you think of that!?"

"Well, I don't know what else to think!"

Inja let out a few lengthy breathes and continued, "What I wanted to say... Is that... Sarah's plan... No, let me start over!"

"Okay, take your time Inja," I nuzzled his neck.

"Oh, okay. Let's see. Sarah's father, Martis, is alive. And, he isn't my father. I'm not her brother, and neither is Urane. We are... Human."

"Wha- Wait, What!?"

"Yes. But, there is more. Please listen, then speak." Inja sighed before continuing, "Kuteen, Dioski, Fomanii, Yolur, and Sarah are brothers and sisters. Luna was a lone wolf. And as I said before, Urane and I are human. Samantha, do you want to hear the story?"

"Yes, of course! You're my love, Inja. I need to know just who you are... Before I can trust you."

"Samantha..."

"Continue," I sternly told him.

"How about tomorrow? Aren't you tired?"

"Now, Inja!"

"Okay, okay. First I must say, I'm sorry if there was any lies between us."

"If?! There obviously is! Unfortunately." I spat.

"Samantha, please. I need you to try... Try to understand what I say."

"Well... Let's see what you have to say." At that, I laid my head down on my paws quickly and began to be ready to listen. Silently, I scooted a little ways away from Inja. I think he noticed, but he only sighed.