Wolf Trainer- Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Wolf Language

''Oh yes. It was an old historical way of wolf language. Now we talk English. Although they still teach it some. But, yes Minna and Abbott are the only ones we have to use. Otherwise you don't have to say words in wolf language. See the first time I ever said Mom or Dad, I said it because I knew you wouldn't understand wolf language. This time I forgot.'' He explained.

''Ok... I guess. Do you know more?'' I questioned.

''Of course, my pack taught it to younger ones, even me. Would you like me to tell you some?'' He questioned back.

''Well, sure I would. Instead of learning Spanish I can learn Wolf.'' I said giggling.

''Spanish?'' I could tell he was confused.

''It's another language for another race of human. You see there are Americans, Mexicans, Japanese, and so on. Just like there are Black wolves and polar wolves too.'' I explained swiftly.

''OK. Anyways back to wolf language. I'll go in alphabetical order OK?'' He was about to say more until I quickly said, ''Yes, OK.''

''Well, abira means strong. So I would say something like the wood is abira.'' He explained. He cocked his head as if asking me if I knew what he were saying.

''Or like you were abira.'' I said smiling as I looked around his wounds.

''Yes and thank you. The next one now. Oh! Ada means happy. For instance i would say you look ada.'' He said wiggling his ears.

''Well, I surely am. I'm having fun of course.'' I said wiggling my nose as he wiggled his ears more.

''Good. Next is adelaide, which means noble or brave. Like...'' Anjoo started to speak but I interrupted.

''You were very adelaine in the fight for me. And I think you for that, it made me ada. Plus, you were very abira!'' I said as I rocked my body sideways with joy.

''Wow! You are good and quick at catching on!'' He said surprised as he continued, ''Adena means delicate. Like the soil is adena or something.''

''Well maybe not here, but maybe somewhere else the soil is adena.'' I said with a thought.

''Yes. Now, akiva means protect. Like I had to akiva you.'' He said staring into my eyes once more.

''I say you didn't have to. But...'' My words were caught by his words. ''

But I had to because I wanted to.'' He said, almost sternly. I just nodded for him to continue with a smile.

''You are my amissa, which means you are my friend.'' He said in a happier voice.

''And you are my amissa too.'' I said as I threw my hands up and down twice.

''Very good. We were amos from the fight. Amos means troubled, and we were troubled.'' He said more normally this time.

''Yes, I got you.'' I said with my head forward listening. I especially liked hearing the sentences he would say for each word. They were sweet and true, except for the soil is delicate one. That wasn't so sweet and I don't know if it was true or not, but I got what he was saying.

''OK. That is good. Askenka means graceful. Like, the way an Eagle flies is very askenka.'' He said looking up as if waiting for an eagle to fly across the soft blue sky that was cloudless.

''I like that sentence. But, I think Eagles are more than askenka. Especially the newest ones, the Silver Eagle.'' I exclaimed.

''Yes, indeed that is true. And the Silver Eagles are smart. Well let us move on.'' He said as he looked back down at me. ''Chaika means life. So chaika is better with you now.'' He said looking down at a rock and then up at me again.

''Sure is.'' I said rubbing his ears.

''Doron means gift. So um, the sentence would be...'' His words trailed off into his thoughts.

''Everyone is a Doron from God, including wolves.'' I said with my eyebrows up.

''You know of God! I thought we wolves was the only ones who had that word!'' He said suprised.

''Yes God created our world.'' I said smiling.

''Yes!'' He said, still surprised. Then he shook his head. ''Anyways, Edria means mighty. Like you and I are very edria together.''

''Oh yes, we defeated the Spooks, and together too!'' I said with eyebrows up once more.

He nodded and continued, '' My Minna gave Leda to me. Leda means birth. Next is Magena which means moon. So the Magena only shows at night.''

''So, do you wolves howl at the Magena or is that a myth?'' I asked.

''When you hear howling, we are howling words to God to take the spirit of a member of our pack that has died to safely make it to keaven.'' He explained fluently.

''Oh ok, now you can continue.'' I said leaning forwards once more.

''Ok. Mariel means bitter. Like the Spooks are Mariel, and I should have known to warn you of them being here.'' He said looking down.

''It is okay. We are fine now, and they won't bother us.'' I said rubbing his chin so he would lift his head up.

He nodded and continued. ''Soloma means peace. I wish we had Soloma.'' I only nodded. ''Seff is the most important. Well, besides minna and abbott. Can you guess it, I will give you a hint. The sentence is I am a Seff.'' He said with his head cocked.

''Wolf!'' I said excitedly.

''Why yes! He said mocking my tone of voice and my happiness but I only smiled back. ''Now is. Hold one... Oh yes! Shaine. Shaine means beautiful.'' He said looking at the sky.

''Like your fur is shaine.'' I said running my fingers down his back.

''Thank you. Tovi means good. So, the soil here is tovi to me. And next is, well, there isn't anymore. That's all.''

''Well, no matter how much it was I think it was cool. Your language is tovi and fun to listen to.'' I said happily as I stood up and dusted the dirt off my pants. I yawned and stretched.

''Thank you very much.''

''Well, I gotta head in, it is getting late and I am tired.''

''Me too. See you tomorrow.'' Anjoo said as he scampered off happily beside a small tree and laid down. His head slowly laid down too, but his eyes were still watching me.

''See you tomorrow.'' I said as I started to run out of the woods. I reached my house, opened the door, and got ready for bed. I said good night to mom and went to sleep.