Wolf Trainer- Chapter 6

Chapter 6: A New Wolf Pack

''We mean no harm. May we come out and introduce ourselves?'' An unknown female's voice called out.

''Sure. but slowly,'' I replied as Anjoo let out a low growl.

''OK.'' The voice called out again. We heard more crunching, from the leaves. Then eight wolves came out. Weird, I was expection a human... And only one at that. Wolves must really be the stealthiest of all animals.

''Oh my...'' My words cut off by the female voice again.

'' No need to be afraid. We would like Anjoo to be in our pack. And live around here with us. We have seen you two before. You two are amazing. And Samantha, you'll still see Anjoo, because we will live right here in this area. And when the Spooks come around, we will have nine wolves to beat them, plus you Samantha.''

''OK. Anjoo, what do you think? It is a good deal. With protection and all.'' I asked to Anjoo.

''Sure. It is a good deal. What position am I?'' Anjoo asked the pack.

''Alpha male.'' The female voice answered.

''Alpha!? I just joined.'' He said in a suprised voice.

''But we need the Alpha male. You fit the position best. I am the alpha female. My name is Sarah.'' Sarah said. She was a gray wolf. But she had a brown chest and a brown tail. She was smaller than Anjoo but still very big for female, even now that it is the 2039, the female wolves still weren't normally this large.

The alpha male and female always mate to keep the pack in order... Was this Sarah's way of making a move on Anjoo or is this really how wolves work to keep a pack going?

''Sarah? That means princess.'' Anjoo explained.

''I know. My parents named me and my brothers and sisters. Except for Luna, she is new too, not from our family. We just wanted to start a new pack, so we did.'' Sarah explained as she pointed her muzzle to the small brownish- grayish wolf.

''Who are the rest of them?'' I asked.

''Inja is the full light gray wolf in the front. He is one step lower than the Alpha. Kuteen is the gray one with the black tail. Both of them are male. Urane is the grayish-brownish one with white spots. Also a male. Then there is Yolur standing in the back, with the almost black fur. He is a low ranking male. And somehow proud to be low ranking. The the girls are Dioski, in the front that is almost completely brown. And finally there is Fomanii, the dirty white colored wolf standing in the back. And then you already know Luna and me.'' She explained swiftly, making no mistakes in the words she was saying.

''Cool.'' I said, almost shaking my head.

''Alright.'' Anjoo said in agreement. '' I am now in the your pack... finally in a pack.''

''You were born a lone wolf?'' Inja asked confused.

''No, I was kicked out of mine because I was... different.'' He answered.

Before Inja could reply I said, '' But he has nothing wrong with him. He is perfectly fine. He can hunt and fight to protect.''

''We know, remember. We have been watching you.'' Sarah said staring at Anjoo. ''You know you are a very handsome wolf, Ajoo.''

''Thanks.'' Anjoo said shyly but with his tail up high. Then I heard my door, to my house, open. It made a low creeking sound and the Forest pack, except Ajoo, jumped back.

''Honey, Come eat your lunch.'' My mom called out.

''It is OK.'' I said to the wolves. ''Coming!'' I called back out to mom as I waved by to the wolves and walked off. ''I will be back Sarah.''

''OK.'' I barely heard her voice say.

As I walked off I could hear the mumbles of Anjoo and the pack talking. It made me happy to see him in a pack now. 

*************************************

After I ate, I headed back out to the creek. I heard munching sounds so I figured the wolves were eating. As I approached the creek the sounds grew louder. Then I could finally see the wolves, but I couldn't tell what they were eating. ''Hey guys, what do you have there?'' I asked. Yolur looked up, his muzzle slightly stained with blood.

Then Dioski looked up and replied, ''Violer Deer.''

''Violer Deer! You can barely see one of these around anymore.'' I said stunned.

''Anjoo found it. He is special and different, but good different. He smelled it a mile away and normally wolves can't smell Violer Deer that far away, not even a half a mile away! Anjoo is awesome!'' Yolur said with exitement.

''I know. Anjoo is a very good wolf. The best I have ever seen. Well, the only wolves I have ever seen are you guys and the Spooks. But they are the least best wolves I have seen. Especially the male one. He was obviously the leader.... Man, it gets late to soon!'' I said looking up at the almost full moon and the darkened sky.

''I know, the days have gotten shorter. It is just the seasons though.'' Sarah explained after trotting over to a nice grassy spot after having her fill. Anjoo finished eating not to long after Sarah. When he did he srutted over and sat next to Sarah. After he got settled, Sarah and Anjoo rubbed muzzles together and sat their heads down. I went over and sat beside Anjoo and rubbed his ears. Soon all the others had their fill and layed down around Anjoo, Sarah, and me.

''Well, I guess I will go in and be back out tomorrow.'' I said slowly standing up.

''OK.'' Sarah and Anjoo said together. The others nodded. So I dusted off my pants and headed into the house.