☼ | nineteen.

chapter eighteen; old friends; madison's pov.
Maddie sees nathan in class; and so on. (Nathan
from the ice skating rink)

I shivered as the snow began to tumble down my legs and into my uggs. "Uh, Nathan, should we head to lunch?" I said to the boy standing beside me who was playing with the snow along with other students.

Nathan nodded, "Uh- y-yah it's pretty cold but you can go, I'll be out here." I smiled and left him before entering my school and heading towards the cafeteria. When I did, surprisingly Kalani and Kendall were calling me to sit next to them. I nodded curiously, and got in line for my lunch.

I thought it was pretty strange, we hadn't talked since the Abby thing and they suddenly wanted to talk to me now. I shook it off, and focused on getting my lunch after all I was starving.

x

After getting lunch, which was Pepperoni Pizza, I sat down next to Kendall who wore a big smile on her face. "Hey Maddie!" Kendall grinned, Kalani did also. The other girls were sitting at the table too but were quiet. "Hey."I took a bite of my pizza as my two other friends did also. It suddenly got quiet, so I began to hum. "Uh, so how's life, do you still go to dance?" I attempted to start a conversation.

"No, not since the Abby thing, I go to another place now." Kalani bit her food. "Oh, cool." I chewed my lip, things were a bit awkward now. "Sooo ahem, are you free later today?" Kendall suddenly said, butting into our not much of a conversation. I looked behind and beside myself, "Um me?"

"Well, um yah I guess, why?"

Kendall's face lit up, "I was wondering," She stopped and gazed at Kalani, "We were wondering if you'd like to come with us to the mall afterschool, you know the basics, shopping and stuff."

I shrugged, "Sure. I'll meet you at your locker?" I reassured Kendall and Kalani. "Of course, but meet me at just my locker, afterschool." Kendall said.

"Sure, it's set."

Kalani and Kendall nodded, "It's set."

✧✧✧