☼ | five.

chapter four; dance disasters; madison's pov.
time; 5 hours later which is the end of the day.

I slam my locker door and sling my backpack over my shoulder. Thank god the school day had just ended, if it went on any longer I swear I'd die. I groggily sulk across the hallway and meet up with Chloe. I rolled my eyes when I saw who she was talking to. "Great, we'll get started tomorrow then?" Chloe said as she waved goodbye at the boy.

I scoffed and giggled falsely as I walked towards her. "Lucas goes here?" I nudged her. Chloe rolled her eyes and nudged her back, "Yah, we'll talk about him later but right now I'm focused on dance."

I didn't bother to question her, it seemed like she didn't want me to know so I just dropped the subject. "Got your dance clothes with you?" I patted my bag. "Yea; but don't we have to drive back to your place, Isn't Mackenzie coming to dance with us?"

I shook my head. "My mom is dropping her." Chloe took a breath in relief; I thought I heard her mutter something.

"Think we should go now, the hall is clear and if we're even three minutes late to dance you know how Abby will react."

We exited the empty hallways and got into Chloe's car.

Once we got in, it wasn't long before she started the car and to my luck, when she turned the radio on my favorite song came on. "Because when your fifteen, and somebody tells you they love you.." We both began to sing along.

x

"Hey Kendall!" Kalani greeted her as the vertes' exit their car. We all said hi to eachother before nervously entering the aldc.

When we all walked into the dancers den; we talked for a few minutes.

"Do you think you got a solo, Maddie?" Kalani asked me as she sat in her middle splits. I didn't know how to answer since I was Abby's favorite. Abby had always taken a big interest in me, so I didn't really feel comfortable talking about dance opportunities to anyone.

"No.." I groaned while I fell into my back- bend. Before we knew it Abby had called us into the studio and we all walked in a line.

"So.. to the pyramid." Her raspy voice yelled.

"On the bottom we have.. Kendall, Chloe, Nia and kenzie." Abby said as she ripped the white paper only to reveal their headshots. I pat Chloe on the back;"You're amazing." I muttered. "Then we have Kalani and Jojo."

I waited impatiently for her to reveal who was on the top of the pyramid. "And my one and only star, Maddie." I grinned slightly as I felt utterly horrible for the other girls. Being the favorite wasn't always nice, especially when the others were way better than me.

After we stretched, Miss Abby taught us how the dance went. She critiqued everyone except for me which made me a little on edge.

"Chloe, I'll be damned if you don't fix those feet when you turn out!" She cried over at Chloe.

Just seeing the hurt plastered on her face angered me. Chloe wasn't bad; heck she was better than me. Sometimes, Abby really got on my nerves. Suddenly the fat lady stomped over to Chloe and stuck her stick in between Chloe's feet. "You see this? There isn't supposed to be a gap!" She spat at her.

"You're an idiot! Do you not understand simple ballet? What are you doing in my class then?"Abby scolded her. I nearly snapped when I saw a tear slide down Chloe's cheek. "Chloe you are turning sixteen! No babies, no dancers who are sixteen cry because they can't do their turn out correctly!"

By then, we were all distracted and our eyes were drawn to the commotion. I bet we all just wanted to run up to Chloe and give her a big hug but no. "Get out!" She exclaimed before I saw Chloe dashing for the bathroom.

I thought about it and quickly ran for my best friend. "Chloe?" I whispered as I carefully opened each bathroom stall.

I stopped when I heard a familiar sob, which broke my heart in ways you couldn't imagine. I slid down a stall, and whispered again. "Chloe? Are you okay." She suddenly sobbed again, I kicked the door open and ran to her side. "Chloe you were amazing!" I hissed as she tackled me in a hug.

"Shh..."I stroked her beautiful blonde hair. Chloe sobbed quietly in my shoulder, but I could tell she felt more comfortable. "I don't think I can do it anymore, mads."

My eyes suddenly turned wide, "No. You don't let that fat pig earn the satisfaction of you leaving." I stated.

"You can do it." I locked eyes with her. "Now go out there and show the son of a bitch how damn good you are."

We stared at eachother and grinned for another few minutes before exiting the bathroom. "Thanks mads." She smiled.

"Anytime Lukasiak."

The rest of our time in dance had went as quick as a flash, Abby wasn't yelling at Chloe anymore so we got more done.

"Remember- Competition is two days from now!" Abby yelled once more before we left the Aldc. "I can drive you home if you want." Chloe offered as she put her bags in the trunk.

"I'd like that very much."

✧✧✧
Abby is a real b*tch in this story
but hey when is she not ?