Chapter Seven: I need a girlfriend

Chapter Seven: I Need a Girlfriend

            Tiya’s POV

            I was so happy when Zickie held me in a tight embrace but at the moment I wanted something more. Someone who could relate and not someone who didn’t even know what I was feeling.

          I pulled away from Zickie and he escorted me into his car. I got in the passenger side and watched as he got in the driver side. He started to pull off. The silence wasn’t uncomfortable but at the same time something needed to be said. I don’t know what though.

          “Tiya, I think you need a vacation.” Zickie said calmly as he turned the corner.

          I turned to look at him, “What are you talking about?”

          Zickie smirked, “I will take you away to a place I call wonderland.”

          I rolled my eyes, “I don’t want to sleep with you.”

          “I’m not talking about sex. I’m dropping you off at a friend’s house.” Zickie said a little too seriously for my liking.

          My heart skipped a beat, “What friend?”

          Zickie parked his car and leaned over me to open my door. I turned my head and gasped in surprise to see Z’ekka standing on her porch steps waving hi to me. She was standing there in a pair of denim jeans with slippers on and a sweater covering up her bra. Z’ekka had her hair pulled into a fish tail braid.  She looked real homey and comfortable.

          I hopped out the car rushing over to her with watery eyes. I missed her and I didn’t even know it.

          “Girl, clam down it’s not that serious.” Z’ekka said playfully.

          I turned to see that Zickie was gone and for some reason there was a bag on the side walk. It had a card hanging off it.

          I quickly walked over to the card and read it out load since Z’ekka was standing right beside me picking up the duffle bag.

          “Dear, Tiya. I am hoping that you will have a loving time with your friend. Hope your friendship rekindles with this time. I pray that you get your head straight on because the clock is ticking and you would need to choose whose side you are on. Love, Zickie.” I read out loud only to here a ‘wow’ from Z’ekka.

          Once we were inside the house on the couch trying to think through the note Zickie left behind. He even brought me clothes to stay for at least a week.

          Z’ekka sat beside me on the couch holding a spiral notebook and a pen.

          “TiTi, you have to make a list. I know it may seem like the oldest trick in the book but you have to make one.” Z’ekka said handing me the supply and taking the card.

          I knew she was right but I didn’t want to admit it myself, not just yet at least.

          I started to right a ‘T’ shape chart. One said was Zickie, and the other side was Trinton.

          “Trinton is first: funny, mature, cute, kind-hearted, helpful, intelligent, and faithful, knows when it’s right to say the right things, comfortable shoulder to cry on, and he’s a good provider.” I said out loud as I wrote everything down.

          Z’ekka let out a giggle, “That’s cute and all but time for Zickie.”

          I sighed, “Zickie is: mysterious, unpredictable. I don’t want to admit it but trustworthy, he is kind in his own ways, powerful… Have connections… Highly intelligent, and he’s attractive.”