12

Christmas was coming, for September had become December rather quickly.

One early morning in mid-December, Hogwarts found itself covered in thick blanket of snow and the vast lake was frozen over. Solid at the top.

With most of the students and teachers getting ready to go home for the holidays, Hogwarts was bustling with witches and wizards alike saying their goodbyes and promising to write to each other everyday.

Though there was only a small group that was staying behind.

Upon remembering what Draco had said in the potions class the day before Dan scoffed, "I do feel so sorry, for all those people who have to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas because they're not wanted at home."

He was looking at Harry Potter though with just a single glance at Dan, Dan knew it wasn't meant for /just Harry/.

Dan couldn't help but feel incredibly bad, knowing Chris would most likely be part of that group because of his parents, who were still mad at him for getting sorted into the Hufflepuff house.

Having already sent a letter to his own parents asking if they could have Chris over for the holidays, Dan got a response explaining how they were actually going out of the country for the holidays and couldn't.

Same went for Phil, who was going to visit America with his own family.

And as did Pj, who was still waiting for a response back from his parents.

Sighing, Dan thought it'd be best to wait for the letter for they still had time until it was time to go.
Thinking the Liguori's owl must have just got lost.

But all owls find their way to where they need to be in the end, even ones that get lost.

It's magic.

~~~

"We'll write to you everyday Chris" Phil promised, pulling his fellow Hufflepuff into a hug.

To say Dan was disappointed was an understatement.

It was already time to go and the response still hasn't come from Mr. and Mrs. Liguori about having Chris over.

With practically no one of the Hufflepuff house staying behind and Chris never once in the 11 years of his life having a Christmas away from family, he was distraught to say the least.

So when it was Dans turn to hug Chris goodbye he said, "I'll write to you and I'll, uh, I'll get you a bunch of presents. Yeah. Whatever you want. I don't care! We'll send it over with magic and... I'll just uh"

Dan didn't get to finish what he was saying as he hugged Chris tighter whispering, "I'm sorry"

Which confused Chris a bit, but he still found it very nice of Dan to care so much.

He made friends with the right group.

He knew that.

Pj was last to hug Chris, a solemn look plastered on his face for he was thinking at first that he wouldn't have to hug Chris like the other two.

He thought they wouldn't have to separate and Chris would just come over to his.
Then they would celebrate Christmas together.

But with the owl not having returned yet, and it already being time to go, they weren't too sure about that anymore.

(A/N: I'm sorry for this and the wait. But hey, it's almost Christmas and I'm going to do a bit more updating for that. There's going to be a bit on Phil, Dan, and Pj during Christmas and about two alternate ones for Chris. A nice and happy one (well, as happy as it can get in his situation) and a sad one. The sad one is bc I'm evil apparently and will add a little more to the plot and a happy one which is for my friend who said I should probably do that one so she doesn't have to fight me when we get back to school after break. Haha.)