4

Dan woke up early the next morning, excited for his first day at Hogwarts.

He quickly got ready and as he was fixing his green and black tie he heard someone call out his name, they said "Dan, what are you doing up so early?"

"I'm just really excited Draco, go back to sleep" Dan replied, laughing quietly, since the others were asleep as well.

It was quiet from then on, so Dan just assumed he went back to sleep.

As he had finally finished up with his tie, Dan began making his way towards the door, only to bump into someone. He looked to see who it was; and even though it was still pretty dark, he saw a face he knew oh too well. They simply stood there smirking, "what was taking you so long Daniel?"

"Blimey Draco!" 

       They sat at the Slytherin table eating their breakfast; tired from Dan basically dragging Draco all around the school. Turns out that's why he woke up early.

Dan looked over at the other tables, looking for his friends; he hadn't really seen them since they were all sorted. Luckily, they were there, which made him smile.

He got up and made his way towards the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw tables, on his way there he heard a few remarks being made about him, though some of them were not very nice, he did not mind. He didn't really care if people judged him for his house, yeah, Dan knew all about that. Usually people think all Slytherins are intimidating and rude and "evil" but he didn't believe it. He came from a long line of them and none of them were "evil", maybe a little rude here and there, but hey what can you do? It's only human.

       Phil and Chris were sitting next to each other, facing Pj, who was sitting across from them at the Ravenclaw table. They were all, happily, talking to each other.

Phil was the first person to notice him.

"Hey Dan" he said, smiling.

The other two turned around and said 'hello Dan' as well, at the same time, basically simultaneously. Which made them laugh.

Dan stood there, talking to them for a few minutes, about classes, their houses, etc.... until he heard someone calling out his name. He looked over to see who it was and saw it was Draco.

"Well guys, sadly I've got to go, are we still up for meeting up at the lake during our free periods?" Dan asked.

"Yup" Phil replied.

"Of course" Pj answered.

"Totally" Chris said and with that, Dan gave them a smile and walked away. He was so glad he's going to get a chance to hang out with them again.

       Dan made his way back and took his seat back at the Slytherin table. He grabbed his fork and was about to eat when he heard "Hey Dan" from next to him.

He sighed, putting it back on his plate and saying, "yes Draco?"

"About your friends...." Draco said, awkwardly.

"What about my friends?!?!?" Dan asked, 'what was Draco trying to say?'

"I don't think you should hang out with them anymore" he added, just as awkwardly as before.

"What?!?!" Dan said, shocked.

"I just mean, they're not a all Purebloods like us, well besides that Kendall kid"

"You mean Chris" Dan said, defensively, how dare Draco tell him who he can and cannot be friends with.

"Yeah, sure, Chris. And especially that mud-blood" Draco added, with a shrug. No longer feeling awkward about it.

"Wow that's rich coming from you Draco." Dan retorted, sarcastically, "honestly, I shoulda saw it coming. I know all about you and your families hatred for non purebloods and muggleborns. But news flash Draco, I don't care. They are my friends and I'm not going to let some spoiled prick like you tell me otherwise. Okay? Alright. Now leave me to eat in peace" and with that, he picked up his fork again and ate.

Couldn't say the same for Draco though, he just sat there, shocked.