2

The boys were all very happy with one another, upon making the promise. They started to share things about themselves blindly.

"I love lions!" Phil said first, smiling brightly.

"I really want to play Quidditch this year, and I wish I didn't have to wait." Dan shrugged.

"I like exploring!" Pj grinned.

"I like trains." Chris said with a blank expression on his face, suddenly bursting into laughter along with the other three.

"Anything from the trolley dears?" the trolley lady asked.

"4 Bertie Bott's Every flavored beans, 8 chocolate frogs, 4 chocolate wands, 4 droobles, 4 licorice wands, and 8 pumpkin pasties." Dan said, holding out a big wad of galleons.

"Merlin Dan, do they not feed you where you come from?" Pj quirked a brow.

"Nah, they feed me fine, I just want to share all the candy with all of you, I mean, why else would I get four of everything?" Dan shrugged, getting the candy from the trolley lady saying "Thank you" before she left.

"Wait a minute.... your last name is Howell, right?" Chris asked, taking a chocolate frog. Dan nodded.

"Is it that one with one of the longest lines of Slytherins?" Chris asked, a bit of fear in his eye.

"Yeah, but it's not like I'll rip out your heart. My family is good, promise. I think my grandma was friends with yours." He says to Chris. "you're the Kendall Gryffindor's right?" Dan asked. Chris nodded.

"And proud of it! I'll bring pride to my family for keeping the line of Gryffindors!" Chris grinned.

"What do you guys mean by house? And whats a Griffin's door and a Slyther- what was it?" Phil asked clueless.

"Oh right, you're a muggleborn. Well, there are four houses. Gryffindor is the house of the brave, adventurous people. The risk takers.There's Slytherin, the house of the ambitious ones that have a bad reputation. Ravenclaw's are the smart and creative ones, and Hufflepuffs are usually the nice ones, and they're just as great as all the others despite the popular belief. I don't think houses matter honestly." Dan explained to Phil.

"Wow, thats amazing! How do they get in? Is there some kind of ritual?" Phil asked excitedly with his mouth full of chocolate.

"No, there's a hat that sorts you. It knows everything about you the second it's placed on your head. It knows all your secrets, your personality, your past, and some say, even your future." Dan smiled at Phil.

"That makes it even better!" Phil said. The boys continued to talk on the train, and had pretend wand fights with their sugary wands. They pretended like they were famous wizards, and all around had a good trip on the way to Hogwarts. For once in his life, Phil felt like this was where he belonged. His first real friends that wouldn't leave him, and he knew it this time. Everything felt so in place for Phil, everything seemed right, and nothing could change that.

After getting into their robes, the train went for a complete stop. "Come on, we don't want to be late for the boats!" Pj smiled, dragging Chris behind him.

"Hey, I can walk for myself!" Chris laughed, letting go of Pj's hand.

"I know, but it was better that way." Pj grinned at Chris. The four boys made their way off the train.

"Frs' years ov'r here!" a very tall and giant man, who also looked friendly and happy was calling out.

"That's Hagrid, he's the groundskeeper. He's half giant." Dan whispered to Phil.

"Is that a bad thing?" Phil asked in a hushed voice.

"No, just a fun fact." Dan shrugged as they followed Hagrid. They were lead to boats that looked as if it could fit four people inside. Dan and Phil sat on one side while Chris and Pj sat on the other. As far as Phil was concerned, the boat ride was beautiful. The water was like a mirror, it could show the sky and the lights of the Hogwarts castle. Hogwarts looked magnificent, it looked so warm and welcoming, and it looked like something from Medieval times as far as Phil knew. The boat ride was silent for the most part, since all of the boys were in awe.

"This is amazing." Phil whispered.

"And we get to go here for school every year." Dan grinned, whispering back. The students were lead into a big room, that was crowded.

"Dan Howell, right?" A posh voice sounded behind the four boys. The boys turned around. Chris and Pj shared a slightly annoyed and fearful look.

"Chris and I are going to find somewhere less crowded. Phil, why don't you join us?" Pj hinted towards Phil, raising his eyebrows.

"Okay, you guys go ahead. Phil and I will find you later." Dan shrugged. Dan faced the posh voice. "Yeah, I'm Dan, what's your name?" Dan said in a cheerful way. The boy had bleach blond hair that was slicked back, with gray eyes.

"Draco Malfoy, my mum knows your mum." Draco said, shaking Dan's hand. He turned to Phil. "Who are you?" he said in a rude voice, and not the nice voice he had used with Dan.

"My name's Phil! Phil Lester." Phil grinned.

"I've never heard the name Lester. What are you, a mudblood?" Draco glared.

"Hey, lay off him. He's cool." Dan defended him.

"Whatever. Hey Phil, why don't you leave this to us purebloods?" Draco said, still holding his glare.

"Fine, see you around guys!" Phil smiled, going to the back of the room to Chris and Pj.

A few minutes later, a woman with her hair in a tight bun entered the room, as everything fell silent.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. I am Professor McGonagall, Head of Gryffindor house. Today you will be sorted into your own houses..." The lady continued on. Phil didn't listen to it much though, since it was all explained to him before. And before they knew it, they were put into alphabetical order for the sorting to begin.