𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟔

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟔
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

────── ★★★ ──────

After everything that went down at the hospital, Emma, David, and Mary Margaret managed to convince Everly to back to the loft and spend time with them. When they first asked her to join them, she tried to come up with an excuse to get out of it but then Killian thought it was a great idea. The Jones girl didn't agree with the pirate captain but kept her mouth shut for the sake of not starting another argument.

Everly sat at the kitchen counter with a cup of hot chocolate in her hands as the Charmings talk amongst themselves. Her fingers unconsciously traveled to the bracelets on her wrist before she started fiddling with the one from Felix, which she finally realized was something she did when she was uncomfortable. Unknown to her, she wasn't the only one who noticed this.

"Rapunzel," David called out to his daughter, causing her to snap out of her trance and meet his gaze, "you okay?"

"Yeah, of course," the Jones girl responded in a tone that didn't even convince herself before her eyes landed on the baby in the prince's arms, "you guys gonna finally tell us the name of our little brother?"

"Or should we just keep calling him 'hey there?'" Emma added while walking across the loft to stand behind Everly at the counter.

"Well, the thing is, there's sort of this tradition," David explained as his eyes drifted away from his daughters and landed on his son, "back in the Enchanted Forest, when a new royal is born, you usually announce the name in a coronation ceremony."

"We would've done it with both of you, if we could've," Mary Margaret said with a small smile on her face.

As soon as the princess' words fully sank in, Everly tuned out the rest of their conversation. No matter how many times she tried to not let it get to her, the girl couldn't stand knowing that if Peter Pan never took her as a baby and sentenced her to life on Neverland, she could've had a family this whole time.

Everly's train of thought was quickly derailed by the slamming of the door. When she looked in the direction of the sound, she found Henry walking in with a newspaper in his hands. Her eyes stayed glued to her nephew as he made his way over to Emma before the Jones girl decided it was time for her to leave. After taking one last look at the people around her, Everly quickly stood up and headed towards the door.

"Punz," Mary Margaret called out to her daughter, making the latter stop in her tracks while keeping her back towards the Charming family, "where are you going?"