𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐄

────── ★★★ ──────

The pirate captain pulled out his phone once the promised ten minutes passed and called Emma to tell her that Neal had left the hospital. While Killian and Sam stayed behind to look for the runaway man around town, Everly met up with Emma and David to track the Dark One and the Cassidy man in the forest. When the Jones girl finally arrived at the trailhead, the Savior and the charming prince quickly caught her up on everything they knew. It took a few times going over the information until Everly's confusion faded then they began their journey into the woods.

"So, how was Neal?" David asked as they stepped over a fallen log in the middle of the path.

"It was hard. Henry makes it complicated. It's not just about me. He's hoping Gold can help bring his memories back," Emma told the blue-eyed man while the Jones girl looked around at the surrounding trees.

"That would be an added bonus to finding him."

"Would it?" the blonde-haired woman questioned, causing Everly and David to stare at Emma with blank looks on their faces before she continued her explanation, "a couple of days ago I would have thought that was true, but now..."

"Now what? How is he going to stay in Storybrooke without them?" their father asked, only to be greeted by silence the realization hit the blonde girl like a train.

"You're going back to New York after we break the curse, aren't you?" Everly said, drawing Emma's attention away from David and back to her.

"A week ago, the three of us were playing video games and eating Fruit Roll-Ups. Now we're chasing down the Dark One, hoping he can help me find the Wicked Witch of the West," Emma explained while her sister barely missed tripping over a rock that was in the middle of the trail.

Before any of them could say another word, a blood-chilling scream fills the air. The three of them froze in their tracks and turned their attention in the direction of the cry. After exchanging a concerned look with one another, they sprinted away from the trail and towards the sound. They jumped over logs and wove through a couple of trees before they came to a small clearing. Everly's entire body became a statue as she watched Rumplestiltskin on the ground holding his head in agony.

"Gold! You alright?!" Emma shouted, breaking her sister out of her daze before they rushed towards the man. Everly and David stood a few feet back as the Savior fell to her knees in front of the Dark One.

"No. No, no, no. Not alright! Not alright!" the powerful man panicked before he let out a few whimpers while holding his head again, "I can't quiet the voices."