𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍

────── ★★★ ──────

Everly's mind replayed the scene of the man kissing Emma over and over again while she sat in silence at the table to finish eating breakfast with her small family. No matter how hard she tried to shake the feeling that she knew the two males that were once standing in their doorway, the blonde girl's thoughts kept going back to how she was drawn to them the moment she saw them. Unable to ignore the strange feeling in her chest any longer, she quickly got to her feet before going into the kitchen and pulling the bag out of the trash can then she made her way towards the door.

"You're taking out the trash? Now?" Emma questioned while gesturing to the barely touched food on her plate, "finish eating first. Then you can do that after you're done."

"It's fine, really. I'm not that hungry anyway," the young girl told the older blonde as she continued towards the door faster than she should have, "I'll be right back."

Before the Swan woman could protest any further, Everly raced out of the apartment before rushing down to look for the two people who were just at the door a few moments ago. The blonde girl was about to give up on finding them after she searched the nearby hallways and came up empty.

Just as she was about to head back to the apartment, she stopped dead in her tracks when she spotted the two males waiting by the elevator. Not an ounce of hesitation ran through her as she rushed over and called out to the two, causing their attention to turn to her before small smiles formed on their faces. Her eyes studied the two of them before they stopped on the blonde boy, who was staring back at her with the biggest smile plastered onto his face.

"Hey, Everly," he finally said, causing both of their eyes to widen before the girl's blood ran cold.

"How...how do you know my name?" she questioned as she took a small step away from the two males in front of her, "who are you?"

"Nice going, Sam," the raven-haired man said in an annoyed tone while smacking the boy on the back of the head.

"Sorry, Killian," Sam replied as he sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck before his blue eyes landed back on Everly, "I'm just excited."

"Why are you excited?" the girl asked while her eyes continued to travel between the two people standing in front of her.

A moment of the three of them staring at each other passed before Killian let out a long sigh as he pulled something out of his pocket and held it out to Everly. The girl's eyes traveled the object in his hand to find a small bottle with a clear blue liquid inside. After sending the man a skeptical look, the blonde girl cautiously took the object from him before taking a few more steps back until there was a good distance between her and them.