𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐎𝐍

────── ★★★ ──────

Everly, Sam, and Katherine were currently sitting in their motel room and trying to piece together everything they discovered the previous day. No matter how hard she tried, the Jones girl couldn't wrap her head around the fact that the Wicked Witch of the West was real. Even though she shouldn't be surprised to hear someone from a fictional tale was real, she always found herself taken off guard when they showed up in the town.

Just as the three of them accepted the situation they were in, the door swung open to reveal Killian standing in the doorway. After he stared at the teens for a short moment, his eyes landed on Everly before he gestured for her to follow him into the hall. A small sigh passed over her lips as she got to her feet and followed the pirate into the hall.

"Please tell me you don't need me to track someone else," Everly said with a small smile in an attempt to lighten the mood as she crossed her arms over her chest, "because I don't feel like watching someone else turning into a flying monkey."

"Then consider yourself lucky because, this time, I need you to go to Robin's camp," the pirate captain told her with an emotionless look, causing the Jones girl's hands to fall to her sides as she stared at him with confusion in her eyes, "it's safer there. And before you fight me on this, because I know you will, I know you and Sam can protect yourselves. But I need you to make sure Katherine can as well."

"So you want me to train Katherine?" Everly questioned, only to receive a small nod in response before she let out a quiet sigh, "I don't have anything to use to train her, Killian. I don't even have my bow. Pan took it from me back on Neverland."

As soon as those words left her mouth, the emotionless look on the pirate's face transformed into a smile. Everly never had a chance to question his sudden mood change before Killian walked into his room across the hall. Confusion and curiosity coursed through her veins as she followed him into the room. The first thing she saw when she walked through the doorway was Killian walking towards a trunk at the end of his bed. Her attention stayed glued to the man as he opened the storage container before her whole body froze and her blood ran cold. Everly just stared at the object the pirate captain held in his hands until her eyes moved back up to meet his.

"How long have you-"

"Since we got back," Killian told the girl in front of him before she could finish her question as he handed Everly her bow and quiver of arrows, "Mary Margaret and David found it."

A small smile formed as she carefully examined the curved piece of wood in her hands. While her eyes scanned over the item she protected with her life of Neverland, she thought back to the day she first received it.