𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐔𝐁𝐓𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐒𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐑

────── ★★★ ──────

The sound of her alarm clock drew Everly out of another dreamless sleep before she quickly shut off the annoying device. She let out a small groan when she remembered it was Monday, which meant she had to go through another long day of school. After staring at the ceiling for a moment longer, the girl slowly stood up and went to her closet to pick out her clothes for the day. As soon as she finished her morning routine, the Jones girl pulled her hair back into a high ponytail and headed out of her bedroom and to the kitchen to grab some food.

Right as she entered the room, Henry asked Emma about a permission slip for his museum trip next week. Everly sat down in the chair next to the brunette boy while the Savior dug through her purse before pulling out a couple of papers. After watching her eyes linger on something she pulled out with the permission slip, the Jones girl casually leaned over to see an address messily written on the sheet.

"Yeah. Your permission slip, it's right here," the Swan woman told her son before handing him the paper while keeping the smaller one tightly gripped in her hand.

After taking a bite of her bacon, Everly's eyes followed Henry as put his permission slip into his backpack and zipped it up before going to his room to finish getting ready. As soon as she heard him close his door, the Jones girl placed her food back on her plate and turned her full attention to Emma, who was still staring at the addressed slip of paper in her hand.

"You know, you're acting weirder than you usually do on Monday mornings. Is there something going on?" Everly asked, causing the blonde woman to glance up at the younger girl.

"Nothing's going on, Everly, everything's fine," Emma replied as she sat down across from the girl at the table then snatched a piece of bacon from her plate.

"Did that guy dressed like a pirate give that address to you?"

The stolen piece of bacon slipped out of her grasp and landed on the table as soon as Emma heard Everly's question. The Purest Heart's eyes left the food in front of her and looked up to meet the woman's confused-filled ones before they just stared at each other in silence. When they heard Henry's door open again, the two women ended their staring contest and looked at the boy as if nothing happened.

"Ready to go, Ev?" Henry asked as he slung his backpack over his shoulders.

"Yeah, Hen," the blonde girl responded as she got to her feet and took her plate into the kitchen before looking back at Emma one last time, "I'd go if I were you."