Chapter Twenty: 'Date' night

I pulled my hair into a ponytail and I slipped on a bright blue dress and some white pumps. I made my way down the stairs and I sit on the bench near the door. The front door opens and Jace smiles at me. I turn hot and he smirks, "You look hot, Hay."

"Thanks."

"Where are you going?" He asked and he sat next to me.

"A 'date'." I said.

"I thought we were dating." He said.

"We are. Alex asked me if I could go out. I said yes. Maybe he knows about Valentine and Sebastian."

"He called you a bitch, Hayley."

"I know."

"Ok, I'm just guessing here, but I'm pretty sure Isabelle and Clary know about this. Girls know everything about everybody."

"Shut up! No we don't." I smile and slap his arm.

He smiles back at me, "I trust you."

"I thought you'd beat the shit out of Alex." I smile bigger. "And I trust you too."

The doorbell rings and Jace opens the door. Alex stands there and he smirks at me, "You look hot." Alex said as he sized me up.

Jace stiffened up, "She's still my girlfriend, you know."

"Oh. Uh, sorry dude." 

Alec walked in and he leaned up against the door next to me, "Have her home by ten o' one sharp. No later."

"Got it." Alex puts a hand on my lower back and I remove his hand and walk down the steps. Alex stays up at the Institute. I think talking to Izzy, Alec, Clary, Jace, and Simon. Isabelle flicks him in the forehead then Clary stomps on his foot and Simon slams the door in his face. I hold back my laughter and I face the road ahead of me.