Chapter Eleven: Grounded

Hodge drove us home and we all met in the library. "You're all grounded."

"Me?! I wasn't even there? I didn't even do anything!" I scream.

"You can't be serious, traitor! I'm a Shadowhunter who has more dignity than you." Jace spat.

Hodge flinched. "But the Lightwoods put me in charge of you all and you will accept this punishment upon the Clave."

"Don't bring the Clave against me. You and I both know very well what hurt you put us in!"

"Upon. The. Clave. Jace Wayland." Hodge says through clenched teeth.

I narrowed my eyes and clenched my teeth and fists. Grounded. Psh! I am not grounded!

"You are to attend school for any demonic activity, fight demons outside of school, and then you are to come straight to the Institute. Is that understood?" Hodge said.

"Pssh! Puh-lease!" Clary sneered.

We all glare at Clary. 

"What? It's like what Jace said to Hodge. We have more dignity than him." Clary stated.

Footsteps come into the library. "You all are grounded."

We turn. Maryse Lightwood. "I found out about the fiasco at South Water. Grounded."

We all groan and roll our eyes.

So, I heard mundanes get grounded . . . 

Why are we Shadowhunters being grounded like a mundane?

Because we attend a mundane high school.

That's why.