Chapter Ten: A Girl With A Pink Cell Told Me

• Αφιερωμένο στον/ην kd_1234

I sit on the counter of the girls' restroom and I cross my arms. A girl with red and black hair with dark blue eyes and a slim figure came up and washed her hands. "Hey. You're new here right?" She asked me.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" I ask back. 

"Everyone was talking about a bunch of hot kids came as transfers." She dried off hands.

I laugh. "Yeah. I guess." 

"Oh, I'm Emma Taylor by the way. What's yours?"

"Hayley Duvall." I say.

"Well, I can show you around if you want." Emma offers.

I was about to answer when a girl with blonde hair, green eyes, and a pink cell phone burst in. "OMG! A massive fight broke out in the hallway! They totally got busted!" She smiled.

"Who was in it?" Emma asked the girl with the pink cell phone. 

"The transfers and some of the footaball team and some of those masculine cheerleaders." The girl waved around her phone.

I swallow. Alec, Isabelle, Jace, Clary, and Simon were in on this?! I jump from the counter. "Are they in the office?"

"Duh!" She looks at me. "Wait, aren't you one of those transfers?" 

"Yeah." I say.

"Then, how come you're not busted?" The girl asked me.

"I left before there even was a fight." I whispered.

"Anyways, you should've been there, guys! It was EPIC!" The girl left without another word and ran down the hall, looking both ways. 

I walk into the office and I see everyone including Hodge and some other parents. I pause and Jace and I make eye contact. 

"Holy shit." I whispered.

"Glad you could join us, Hayley. Take a seat." The principal pointed to an empty chair.

I sit reluctantly. I don't need this. I'm a Shadowhunter for God's sake! I lean towards Jace. "What the hell happened?"

"That jackass called you a bitch, Izzy defended you, a girl pushed Izzy, then a fight broke out." He explained.

I don't say anything. 

"How'd you find out?" He asks me.

"A girl with a pink cell told me. I was going to find out anyways, Jace Wayland." I cross my arms and slouch in my chair.