Chapter Eight: Mundie Classes

"Hello, welcome to South Water High! I am Principal Fieldman." A big man said. He sat in a big, fluffy chair. 

"Hello, I am Hodge Starkweather and these are my nieces and nephews, Jace Wayland, Hayley Duvall, Alec Lightwood, Isabelle Lightwood, Clarissa Fray, and Simon Lewis."

We all give a brief wave but, stop as soon as a woman in a striped pantsuit walks in. Her silvery blonde hair is up in a bun and her make up is done well, she has sharp green eyes and a wry smile.

"Hello, my name is Geogia Weatherford. I am the head principal of South Water. You can get out now, Greg."

Pricipal Fieldman, or should I say, Greg, sauntered away. Principal Weatherford sat down in her fluffy, big chair. 

"Hello, I'm -" Hodge started.

"No need. I know exactly who you are." She went through a folder and she got out a stack of papers. She handed one out to each of us, except for Hodge. "These are your schedules. Don't be late for class!" She smiles at us. 

Clary narrows her eyes. I may not really like Clary but, I know her . . . she senses something. I look at Jace. He has the same face. 

Georgia dismisses us and we walk down the hall. "She's really strange . . ." Clary says. 

"Tell me about it. Did you see her hands?!" Isabelle shivered. Her whip glittering on her wrist. 

"They're really boney." I run a hand through my brown hair. 

"Do you think she's a demon?" Clary says in a whisper. 

"You can't go around asking if she is one if she is. These stupid mundanes won't know. Like I said, they're clueless and stupid." Jace says spitefully. 

I stiffle laughter. 

We walk into a classroom and it has about two handfuls of mundanes in desks and chairs. A woman stood at the front of the room grinning as we walked in. "Class, these are our new students. Would you like to introduce yourselves? By the way I am Ms. Jarel."

"I'm Clarissa Fray, call me Clary. I am seventeen and I love to draw. I have 3 siblings and my boyfriend is Simon Lewis!" She beams. 

"Well, I'm Isabelle Lightwood. I am eighteen. I know how to use a gun and my older brother is Alec and I have a younger brother named, Max." She trailed off and shook her head.

"I'm Jace Wayland. I'm eighteen. I know how to kill people." Jace said. 

I noticed girls stared at him intently, sighing as he talked. A pang of bitterness stabbed my stomach. Was I jealous?

"I'm Alec Lightwood and I'm eighteen. My younger sister is Isabelle and younger brother is Max. I also know how to kill people." Alec said. He crossed his arms. 

"Oh! Um, I'm Hayley Duvall. I'm seventeen and I know how to throw a knife into someone's neck fifteen feet away."

Guys whooped and high fived each other. A boy in a red hoodie yelled, "Whhoooo!!!! We've got ourselves a sexy knife thrower!" He winked at me, "Call me sometime, babe!"

My brows furrowed and I glared. My fist clenched but, Jace held my hand. I released and I looked at the teacher.

"Thank you!" She looked uncomfortable. I bet because now she knows that her new students know how to kill people . . . well, demons. "Take those seats in the back!"

We moved towards the back and planted ourselves there. The guy in the red hoodie winked once more at me. I scoffed, rolled my eyes, and I leaned back in my chair.