Chapter 9- Hogwarts Express

I stumbled on the platform as the Floo powder transported me to the train station: King's Cross Station Platform. I brushed off my outfit nervously.

I modeled a gray, pocketed, v-neck short sleeve shirt, rolled up blue skinny jeans, and white lace up Vans™. I had decided to already put on the black robe, which would eventually change to accommodate my chosen house [photo]. Hermione had sat with me last night, before I escaped to my room, and explained the whole History of Hogwarts.

Ron took my hand, and I realized he had already "Floo-powdered" his way here. I felt nervous, remembering last night and this morning. Suddenly, Hermione ran at the wall between platform 9 and 10, as did Ginny and Harry. Hermione had said that's how we access platform 9 3/4 and I didn't go against her knowledge.

"Ready? Ladies first." Ron said shyly.

I gulped and ran at the wall, awaiting an impact that never occurred. I was suddenly treated with the ginormous presence of the scarlet Hogwarts Express steam engine, students waving out the windows, and people shouting at fellow peers and family. I noticed Draco trying his best to be polite as he waved off two boys.

"Ah, Sloane! Over here!" Draco called out the window. I ran over in between the two boys.

"Who is this lovely girl, boss?" The taller boy asked smirking.

Draco growled, "Goyle, knock it off. Crabbe please take off with him."

He nodded at the slightly smaller in height of the two boys and they sneered at the kind blonde. Taking in his words, they left and walked inside the train.

I smiled at him, "We will all be on in a minute!"

Ron cleared his throat behind me and guided me onto the train. He lifted my baggage onto the racks and I took in the whole experience. I would finally belong with a community. We entered the train compartment Draco had saved for us all, trying to be a bit polite. Ginny, Harry, and Hermione were already inside.

"Here." Ron said shyly, patting the seat next to him.

I blushed and sat down next to him. I saw the platform slowly clear and the train took off. The compartment doors opened suddenly. A short, blonde girl and a very tall, handsome boy entered.

"Mind if we join?" The girl asked in a dreamy voice.

Harry ran up and hugged them. He introduced the girl as Luna Lovegood. She had waist-length, dirty-blonde hair and silvery eyes. The boy was greeted as Neville Longbottom, and he was very brave; however, very clumsy. His dark brown hair was messy and he sported a pair of shining olive eyes.

"Harry, going to introduce us?" Neville pointed to me.

I stood up and shook both of their hands.

"Sloane Wolfe. Pleasure to meet you both." I smiled.

Neville kissed my hand gently and I giggled out of delight. He was such a gentleman and I just met him. Talk about fantastic first impressions.

"Oh, and she just so happens to be my best friend." Ron growled defensively.

Draco stood up, baring his signature smirk, and patted me on the shoulder, "And we are also very nice friends, her and I."

Harry sat them both down and rolled his eyes with a small grin; I knew what he was gesturing. I did fancy Ron, and I acknowledged that he fancied me. Draco... well... I thought of him as a friend and only that.

"Shall we?" Neville said, addressing Luna and taking a seat next to Harry.

I took a look at our seating arrangements. On the left side next to the window was Hermione, then Harry, Neville, and Luna. On our side next to the window was Ginny, then Ron, Me, and Draco.

"Ah, I'm delighted they added an eighth year!" Neville chuckled, "More drama commences!"

Ginny added, "Well, Voldemort is defeated, so we must deal with McGonagall and that snitch Lavender Brown.

Ron snarled, "Whoever decided that bringing her back was a good idea must've been mad."

I shuddered at that name, Lavender. That's the girl  who confronted me and Ron at Diagon Alley. I despised her quirky tone and bouncing crimped hair. Her mischievous eyes gave a whole different mood than Fred and George's similar ones. I growled and Ron patted my shoulder as the rest of them gave us confused looks.

"We had a run-in with the git at Diagon Alley. Though Wolfie cleverly told her off. It was intriguing." Ron admitted carelessly.

I smiled softly as Harry took a note at his words and smiled yet again. Neville nudged him and Harry leaned over gently and whispered an explanation in his ear. Ron must've told Harry about his feelings... unless he was over me. Neville smiled knowingly and whispered, possibly, the same explaination as he was previously told in the curious girl, Luna's, ear. Her eyes lit up and she jumped.

"Oh! When are you two going to make it official!" She gleefully responded in her trademarked dreamy voice.

I gave a confused expression and she giggled, "Harry had told me that Ginny said that you fancy Ronald and that he fancied you as well! Is that correct?"

Draco stood up suddenly. I guess he was taken back by this news.

"Sorry, I have to go to the bathroom." He said with a slight gulp.

He slammed the compartment doors open and closed. I faced reality yet again. I was mad at Harry for telling Neville. Who, of course, had then explained to Luna. Why had she thought it was a good idea to tell the whole cart?! I excused myself and ran into an empty compartment near the bathrooms. It wasn't used in a while I had presumed. It was draped with cobwebs in the ceiling corners and the lights no longer were in order. The seats had scratches along the wooden lining and the cushions were ripped accordingly.

I sat near the window and stared out at the water as a tear escaped my glistening eyes. How dare Ginny tell Harry about my feelings? And without asking my permission furthermore!  I heard the compartment door slide open and the ragged cushion pressed down as a weight was seated beside me.

"Do you feel that way? Truly?" A red-headed boy's voice exploded in my mind.

I wiped the tear and turned to face him. He had his robes on, so I presumed they all had quickly slipped them on.

"Ron? What are you doing here?"

He grinned shyly, "For the question, if you, um, didn't mind answering."

I looked out the window and sighed, "I do. I have for a little while."

A warm hand turned my eyes to face him, and I felt his lips lock against mine. He quickly let go and I felt my body freeze. Ron just kissed me.

I stuttered, "R-Ron-"

But he shushed me by kissing me again, more passionately. This time, though, I kissed back.