The Ascension of Carissa

Start from the beginning

Ben yelled and clutched his head, falling to his knees.

Mikoto caught Ben in his arms.. and as she did, Ben whispered. "Something's wrong Mikoto."

"What?"

"My memories .." Ben muttered. "Something went wrong.. Everything is more intense..

"That's not true, it's like you said!" Mikoto said desperately. "Your memory needs a little bit of time to seep in. Come on.. we can't stay here.."

"R-right." Ben stammered, getting to his feet, and running forward with Mikoto supporting him.

Suddenly, more flashes began to assault him in earnest..

He was staring at the body of Kai Green.. she was lying in the middle of great white nothing.

A girl stood before her.. wearing a black cloak over her skimpily dressed body, and a tall pointed wide brimmed hat.

"Do you wish to save her?" the girl asked, staring at  Ben like a terrible demon.

"Why!?" The 12 year old Ben cried out. "WHY DID YOU TAKE HER!?"

"I am not explaining myself to you." said Othinus. "She violated my sanctuary.. I have rules, and she violated them.

"SHE DIDN'T KNOW YOUR RULES!!" Ben roared. 

"That is no excuse. That is the will of magic." said Othinus, shaking her head, her expression now that of slight pity. Omnitrix, do you truly think that anybody can challenge a Magic God and live? For your words speak of a challenge right now."

Ben shook himself. That memory.. was odd.. was that real just now?

Mikoto and Ben finally staggered into a large old rotting building. They sat down, their backs against the wall panting desperately.

It was at this moment, that Ben noticed Mikoto was crying.

"I thought I lost you." Mikoto whispered tearfully. "I thought.. you were gone forever."

Ben smiled and hugged Mikoto's shoulder with one arm. "I don't know what you did, but you saved my life. Thank you.. "

Ben groaned and clutched his head.

"Are you okay?" Mikoto asked.

"Mikoto.. what does it take for the mind to repress memories?" Ben asked.

Mikoto blinked with surprise from Ben's question. "Well, highly traumatic experiences for one. Why do you ask?"

"I.. think I just remembered a repressed memory." Ben said.

Mikoto nodded and spoke gently. "Okay.. do you want to talk about it?"

"It's just.. it's odd." Ben muttered. "I see Kai.. you know.. Kai Green from my past. She's dead. And standing over her is this weird girl, that kinda looks like a stripper witch."

Mikoto frowned. "Stripper Witch?"

Ben groaned. "Yeah, probably just an outlandish dream right?"

"No.. actually, considering some of the weird outfits these magicians wear, stripper witch sounds about right." said Mikoto.

"She called herself a Magic God.. and I think I challenged her to a fight for killing Kai." Ben said.

Mikoto looked at Ben thoughtfully. "Ben.. come to think of it.. you've told me how Elena died.. but you've never told me how Kai died. I mean, every time I got to that subject, you'd look at me all confused and we'd talk about something else."