Dawn

"What!?" Saphira exclaimed.

"I'm sorry! But it's true! I think your pretty and that might be why you can read my mind!" Millard told the shocked girl.

"But....I thought- I thought.... I could only read the minds of important people in my life! I didn't think..." She stuttered.

"Calm down. Once Miss Peregrine and my friends are free, we can make a new loop and you can come live with us. We can be friends and have as normal lives as peculiars can have." 

"Maybe more than friends..."  Saphira thought.

"I don't know." Millard answered aloud. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

After Joel-and-Peter and Peter-and-Joel finished eating, the group set out to find the way out and find Millards friends.

"So, your peculiarity is that you are invisible when NOT wearing clothes." Saphira said to Millard after a couple minutes of awkward walking silence.

"Yeah. And you can read the minds of important people as well as turn into a dragon, not just only a dragon, but a species I thought was fake." Millard replied.

"We both have odd peculiarities. I can see how we both will end up getting along."

"So, what do you like to do in your free time?" Millard asked.

"I love to read, but back in the old loop I had a pet chicken named Flare. She was three years old and was gray. She had gold streaks on her neck, which inspired me to get streaks in my hair. The Hollows ate her as soon as they entered my loop. I was heartbroken."

"I'm so sorry. When we get our ymbryne back and make a new loop, I will personally help you find a new pet."

"You speak very highly of your friends and your ymbryne. Tell me, what are your friends peculiarities?" Saphira asked.

"Well, my friend Bronwyn has super strength, Claire has a backmouth, Jake can see the Hollows, Emma can light fires with her hands, Olive can float, Horace has prophetic nightmares, Enoch can reanimate the dead, Fiona can grow plants, Hugh has bees in his stomach, and thre twins have gorgon powers. That's why the always wear masks."

Saphira takes a second to absorb all the information. "You have a lot of fellow peculiars to live with." She says after a minute.

"Well, I did live with them for over half a century. What about you? What did your friends powers do?" 

Saphira thinks. "Well, Chloe could change her appearance, Maverick could turn into a snake, Renata could speak to animals, Mercedes could see invisible things, and James could also reanimate the dead."

Millard gasped. "You had a friend who could see invisible things?!" 

"Yeah. She hated it. She never got to use it. If you met her, I'd bet both of you'd freak."

Millard waits a second before saying, "What happened to her?"

"She and all my fellow peculiars got their souls drained. I was going to be next before you saved me."

"Wow, that's some deep information. I just hope the same thing hasn't happened to my friends." Millard thinks.

Just then, the two boys leading stopped.

"What's going on?" Saphira asked.

"There is an exit ahead." They simultaneously said.

"I've got to admit, that's a little creepy." Saphira projected to Millard.

"I know what you mean." He thought back.

As they were leaving, Saphira heard a creepy noise from one of the back rooms. She immediately jumped and grabbed Millards hand. He didn't shrug her off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello my readers! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my story! I should have extra time to write this week since it's almost Christmas break and school probably won't give us homework but who knows with eighth grade teachers? I'm going out of town Friday and won't have internet for some time. I'm trying to put a little something between Millard and Saphira but I don't know. After this story I might write one just on those two. I'm still new to writing these stories and have had no experience on writing stories about books before so if you have suggestions please let me know. Thank you and have a peculiar day!